January 2016 updates

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

January 2016 updates

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:12 am

You may notice that our old forum skin is gone. This is due to a major upgrade on our forums that breaks compatibility with nearly everything in our old version. It's unfortunate, but was a necessary step forward. A fresh look wouldn't hurt either, so I'm going to look around to see if I can find a styling that would suit us well. There's also the possibility of updating our old forum style to work with the new board, but I'd rather not invest more work than we have to.

Other updates I'm planning to do in the next month or two:
- Update the wiki (it's currently broken due to us running such an old version and our host server upgraded their software)
- Remove everything at http://bugs.allacrost.org and close that permanently. Any remaining valid bugs here will be put on our bitbucket project page instead
- (Maybe) Update our front-end site as well, which is absolutely ancient and frankly not that good.

Hopefully disruptions will be kept to a minimum. I'll post any important updates about this work here.
Roots
Dictator

Re: January 2016 updates

Postby Roots » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:31 pm

I'm finally getting around to doing the things I said in the original post here. You may notice that the forum style is now changed from the default. This style is somewhat close to the color theme of our past custom skin. I'm going to look into making a few custom improvements, such as changing the logo and a few icons, but I don't think it would be worth the time/effort to customize it much more than that.

I've begun doing some research into changing our site front-end as well, but haven't really formed a plan to update anything yet.
Roots
Dictator

Re: January 2016 updates

Postby Roots » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Our old bug tracker is now deleted permanently. There were only a few open bugs on there, and I copied the relevant ones over to our new bug tracker on our bit bucket page. Also, http://bugs.allacrost.org now redirects you to the new bug tracker on our bit bucket page.

Return to “Online Services”