Thanks. It seem to work much better with (define devices '(sdl)).
Gotta test it with another game I had sound problems with and maybe contact OpenAL devs then...
Anyway keep up the good work. I'll update the port to 0.2.1 soon.
... (posts combined by jetryl after thread split for continuity)
If I did it, I had no idea that I had done it. But I don't see how I could have done it since I have no clue how you would do something like that in the first place.
Well, there are many examples of autotools macros out there, I guess. I didn't work with autotools, so I can only recommend trying CMake. It is really good at doing everything automagically (including lib/include path detection), so whole allacrost build script for both win and *nix including sdl/openal/qt detection and optional editor will fit on 2 pages and will be perfectly readable.
The solution to that is to modify your ~/.openalrc file. The game takes 100% CPU no matter what, so its not like your system is being stressed to run the game.
Uh huh, fixed thru .openalrc. I'll make the port display a short note on this issue.