If you could put one song track in Allacrost...

Discuss and share compositions for the game here

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

If you could put one song track in Allacrost...

Postby Roots » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:12 am

I think this will be a fun thread. The question is:

If you could put one song track in Allacrost, what would it be?

You can take any song from any game, movie, album, or whatever. The point isn't to pick your personal favorite song, but the song you think that best exemplifies what Allacrost should be. If you can provide a link to a sample, that would be awesome. :)

Well here's my choice. It's entitled 正義と自由, which is Japanese for "Justice and Freedom" from the Mobile Suit Gundam Seed soundtrack. (There's no Japanese lyrics though). It has thie ultra-perfect harmony of "epic-ness", determination, and just generally gets you pumped up and makes you feel like you want to go and save the world.

I look forward to seeing what the rest of you choose as your songs. :D
Loodwig
Musician

Postby Loodwig » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:35 am

sorry, there's a typo... it should read "if you could put just 10 songs in allacrost..."

sheesh, hard question...

I'll probably change my mind later, but...

Cliche answer:
Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings"

Not so Cliche Answer:
Prokofiev's "Romeo & Juliet"

In particular, Romeo's Death.  Not because we need a better tragic theme, or a whole lot of tragedy, but because the song conveys "hopelessness, sorrow, love, darth vayder"

and now I can't find that damn disc.  GRRR, if I have to buy it again...
"We want a simpler and more melodic style for music, a simple, less complicated emotional state, and dissonance again relegated to its proper place as one element of music..."
~Sergei Prokofiev
visage
Former Staff

Postby visage » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:25 pm

Some of  that orchestral shit in Gladiator, with the woman singing latin (I think, I haven't  listened in a while).  It is wayyyyy good.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:47 pm

OH! I LOVED Gladiator! That was such a freaking awesome move. :bow: :bow: It's one of my all-time favorites.
roos
Developer

Postby roos » Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:12 pm

Hell yeah! Same here
Nimbrush

Postby Nimbrush » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:33 pm

Opening track for Chrono Cross, Time's Scar. http://bluelaguna.net/music/cc/mp3s.php (Don't know if the dl's work, but I'll try looking for the .mid) IMO the game itself wasn't as good as CT, but the music was okay--especially the intro.
~{Nimbrush}~::~{Lurker}~::~{On/Off Switch}~
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:36 pm

Nimbrush wrote:Opening track for Chrono Cross, Time's Scar. http://bluelaguna.net/music/cc/mp3s.php (Don't know if the dl's work, but I'll try looking for the .mid) IMO the game itself wasn't as good as CT, but the music was okay--especially the intro.

Agreed and agreed. I listened to that song over and over and I don't think I ever got tired of it. :approve:
Loodwig
Musician

Postby Loodwig » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:49 am

the woman singing in "Gladiator" was singing in Hebrew, though I'm not sure what she was singing (I can make out Shalom).
"We want a simpler and more melodic style for music, a simple, less complicated emotional state, and dissonance again relegated to its proper place as one element of music..."
~Sergei Prokofiev
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:03 am

Catching up on old posts... hmm... one song I downloaded and absolutely loved was the Origa Rise from Ghost in the Shell. Because it just has such an intense vibe to it :D
prophile

Postby prophile » Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 pm

Well, I guess I'll drop my opinion in too.

Saint Saens - Danse Macabre would be a great piece of background music for somewhere.
Steu
Developer

Postby Steu » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:38 pm

The opening theme from Civilization 4 is awesome it's called Baba Yetu, it makes a great opening theme for an epic type game.
EmreBFG
Team Manager

Postby EmreBFG » Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:49 pm

I agree, I immediately loved Civ4's opening music. It made it sound like I really was going to lead a civilization through time.
shizeet
Musician

Postby shizeet » Mon May 08, 2006 3:33 pm

I've been just randomly listening to some of my old music collection that I don't really listen to anymore, and came across this little jewel that I think fits very well with the dynamic of the game, at least the demo stage. It's the first movement to Benjamin Britten's (who suprisingly enough, is a British :P) 2nd String Quartet. The lazy, silky textures that encompasses the bulk of the piece reminds me a lot of the desert, while the more rhythmic sections would fit perfectly for battle themes - there's also a very soft, spooky, ambientish section that would work well for representing the cave theme.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ugaomt
Jam
Musician

Postby Jam » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:24 am

Basil Poledouris' "Anvil of Crom" from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack would be awesome as battle music! lol
Loodwig
Musician

Postby Loodwig » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:21 am

As for me changing my mind later....

"Colony" by Vangelis. It was taken from the movie "1492 - Conquest of Paradise" and later remixed by delerium. It's a very well done piece, particularly if there's some massive fight scene at some point (or a battle, which would be cool).

"Anvil of Crom" was nice, but I can't believe you didn't side with "Riddle of Steel". I mean, that song makes me want to go out and write.
~Sergei Prokofiev

Return to “Music”