Male voice

Discuss and share compositions for the game here

Moderator: Staff

Mark Darkness

Male voice

Postby Mark Darkness » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:23 am

Postby Jetryl » Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:50 am

Both of these won't cut it as-is, but the second one could possibly be edited to be useable. In fact, I've tried such an edit, fwiw. ... lehurt.ogg

Part of the problem with these is that both of these sound like a teenager's voice. Your sound recording technique is good, it's just the voice that's not right for the part. I don't mean to be harsh about that; my voice sounds awful recorded, too. :cry:

The good news, though, is that with your ability to record clear sounds with your equipment, you could record a number of very useful SFX for us. Try recording SFX of picking up and setting down objects - that's something we'll have immediate use for.

(Note - my edit was done by a slight 3% pitch shift down, and then just trimming down to small section early in the sound, and just fading in and fading out that section. Just trying to open-source my methods, here. :D)
Mark Darkness

Postby Mark Darkness » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Sure, I sent those for the hell of it, as placeholders maybe. I can use my voice about one or two semitones lower than that, but still, if you are looking for a very adult voice then you might as well get somebody else.

I might give making some SFX and music a try later on... actually, I might turn my attention to HoA once I'm done with my own game - in October. I have seven years of music behind me and have been composing soundtracks for amateur movies for about four years or so... I work mostly with NaturalInstruments and EastWest VST's... if you guys aren't using MIDI, that's what I'd use were I to compose anything.

Postby qubodup » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:20 pm

I posted some "Uaargh" sounds to ufo:ai, check them out: ... 7#msg11822

Re: Male voice

Postby pazcar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:10 pm

These sounds are really great. I like it!

Return to “Music”