New Portraits

For discussing and sharing all forms of artwork related to the game

Moderator: Staff

ChopperDave
Developer

Postby ChopperDave » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:30 am

Sexy. Too sexy.

Is she supposed to have a half-teal half-green outfit?
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:17 am

ChopperDave wrote:Sexy. Too sexy.

Well it's a lighting effect I was going for... if you think it's overdone than I can correct it later.
ChopperDave
Developer

Postby ChopperDave » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:19 am

Yeah I figured that's what you were getting at, but it seems to alter the colors a little too much. Wait for other's opinions before you do anything though.

Nicely done regardless :approve: .
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:48 am

Safir-Kreuz wrote:[img:521:884]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/safir-kreuz/portraits/full-body/laila-fullbody.png[/img]
[img:150:200]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/safir-kreuz/portraits/full-body/laila-fullbody-ingame.png[/img]

Arms: perfect :approve:
Hands: I think the crossbow should look a little less smooth and polished (esp the wrist strap-on part), but otherwise looks great :)
Legs: perfect :approve:
Feet/Socks: could use some more detail. They seem flimsy and awkward :|
Torso: perfect :approve:
Face/Hair: :approve: I think the pose would work better if Laila's eyes were focused in the direction that her body is facing rather than looking directly at the viewer, but that's just my opinion.

Overall, I love it :bow:
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:59 am

Its amazing.

One thing...the boobs need to be WAYYY bigger. Like this.

[img:603:402]http://www.gamesradar.com/gb//images/mb//GamesRadar/gb/Games/S/SoulCalibur%20IV/Everything%20else/Ivy_beforeafter--screenshot_large.jpg[/img]

Other than that, exemplary job! :approve:

(I am joking about the boobage of course)
'When Zeon lost his powers, he fell to Earth, and created a giant crator where he hit. His moan destroyed the mountains and the crater was buried by the debris.'

(of Zeon)

Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:09 am

Safir-Kreuz wrote:

Well it's a lighting effect I was going for... if you think it's overdone than I can correct it later.

Jet says, to chopperdave, "wtf are you talking about?"

Or more politely - yeah, I see it. However, I think it's an extremely subtle effect, and doesn't need to be reduced at all - in fact I'd gauge it as being below the appropriate strength for an image like this.

In other news, this image has been committed to svn.

And in other, other news, this image fucking rocks. :bow:
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:29 pm

Jetryl wrote:
Safir-Kreuz wrote:

Jet says, to chopperdave, "wtf are you talking about?"

Or more politely - yeah, I see it. However, I think it's an extremely subtle effect, and doesn't need to be reduced at all - in fact I'd gauge it as being below the appropriate strength for an image like this.

In other news, this image has been committed to svn.

And in other, other news, this image fucking rocks. :bow:

No no, he was right, I have altered it some after that comment, which I found wasn't the dress but her shoes to be two totally different hues (about 30 degrees different).
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:49 am

Damn. Laila is very striking. Beautiful use of color. The coloral cohesion (whatever that means) works very well.
'When Zeon lost his powers, he fell to Earth, and created a giant crator where he hit. His moan destroyed the mountains and the crater was buried by the debris.'

(of Zeon)

Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:24 pm

http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/saf ... review.png

I know this is a late comment on this image (which BTW is really nice, and which we should upload to the artwork section of site at some point), but I just wanted to point out that Claudius' sword looks far too short in this image. It really does need to be longer, because right now its just awkward in shape.

Actually I was planning to upload either the portrait above, or the separate full-body portraits for Claudius and Laila to our entry in the libre game wiki: http://libregamewiki.org/Hero_of_Allacrost . Anyone have a preference for using of one or the other?
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:40 pm

Roots wrote:http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/safir-kreuz/portraits/full-body/PromoPreview.png

I know this is a late comment on this image (which BTW is really nice, and which we should upload to the artwork section of site at some point), but I just wanted to point out that Claudius' sword looks far too short in this image. It really does need to be longer, because right now its just awkward in shape.

Actually I was planning to upload either the portrait above, or the separate full-body portraits for Claudius and Laila to our entry in the libre game wiki: http://libregamewiki.org/Hero_of_Allacrost . Anyone have a preference for using of one or the other?

I don't really like that picture anymore... I really need to just redraw the whole thing I feel.

It's mainly do to proportions and neither of them look like the should.
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:29 pm

Whatever you do will be marvelous Brett. I've found in the same boat with my mixes. I think they are all horrific and I am going back and making re-adjustments periodically. :)

Roots wrote:http://libregamewiki.org/Hero_of_Allacrost . Anyone have a preference for using of one or the other?

How do I add an information page to the wiki? I need to set one up!

(of Zeon)

Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:07 pm

[img:540:812]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/safir-kreuz/rafaea/rafaea_preview.png[/img]

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.... eh... err... for not being so active here of late... anyway.... This is base concept sketch for the new character Rafaela... though um... right now I am just calling her Rafaea or Rafaeya... due to both girl character having la's.

I am please with it, I like the posture, foreshortening, it's probably the best sketch for a female character I have done in a long while... though I do thing I deviated off the main concept... Instead of making her so overly dark, mysterious, and robust, I kinda gave her a sexier and flamboyant appearance. Her weapons is in beta stage, and will be altered later on... because she should have some sheathes on her belts, and more weaponanry applied... Her main weapons are suppose to be two swords... but I deviated, well because, most of the characters I give them kinda unusual weapon designs... (this obviously a reference to Serge's weapon for Chrono Cross...)...

Again the weapons are not written in stone.... and are fairly changable.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:49 pm

Good to hear from you S-K. As for your concept art, I absolutely LOVE it!!! :approve: I think her appearance fits her character extremely well. I don't know what else to say, I don't see a single thing about this sketch that I would like changed. Awesome work :bow: :bow: :bow:
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:14 pm

Roots wrote:Good to hear from you S-K. As for your concept art, I absolutely LOVE it!!! :approve: I think her appearance fits her character extremely well. I don't know what else to say, I don't see a single thing about this sketch that I would like changed. Awesome work :bow: :bow: :bow:

Wow! :) I am quite glad!
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:27 am

Damn. That's tight. The posture is really cool. I love how the legs look.

The right hand seems a bit strange for some reason but the face and hair is great, the left arm, the torso, the legs... very sexy!

"Rafaeya" is a catchy name for this character.

(of Zeon)

Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:13 am

[img:598:900]http://www.allacrost.org/staff/user/safir-kreuz/rafaea/rafaea.png[/img]
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Brilliant. :bow:

The right hand looks fine to me; in fact this is basically perfect.
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:31 am

Safir: I talked with roots, and we both think this is plenty good enough to go in game. Unless you have anything else you'd like to change, I'd say we can move on to the other two parts - those being a map sprite of this character, and a face portrait.

Just wow. :bow:
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:50 pm

Yea... The right hand looks FINE now. (not sure what was bugging me in the pencil sketch, but it's fixed.)

The addition of color to the pencil drawing is just incredible.

(of Zeon)

KaelisEbonrai
Artist

Postby KaelisEbonrai » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:45 am

Looks utterly brilliant.

Lets see.. Time to ponder some armour bits and pieces and do models. >.>

And.. in addition, some weapons, to boot, the double-knife/sword and throwing-weapons (kurai, is the name of the ones pictured, iirc? can't remember for certain, though.)

Return to “Artwork”