New Portraits

For discussing and sharing all forms of artwork related to the game

Moderator: Staff

Safir-Kreuz
Artist

New Portraits

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:18 am

Laila and Claudius has new portraits. Finally I think I distinguish my female and male faces yay for me! :D

My style has changed a lot... it kinda reminds me of Tetsuya Nomora of Final Fantasy.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Safir-Kreuz on Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:35 am

:twitch:

Wow! I love those portraits! :bow: Laila is HOT! :D :D :D Do you have plans to color them?

Seriously, wow. That is some spanking awesome art. You should link to it in your art thread you've got going on in General Chat. :approve:

PS: Wow.

---

EDIT: WOW!
Steu
Developer

Postby Steu » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:38 am

Will something like these be what's going into the main menu for each char?
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:40 am

Steu wrote:Will something like these be what's going into the main menu for each char?

Hmm, good question. I always thought we were going to do a full-body portrait for those, but with something as good as this I'd be totally fine using these in the main menu. :D
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:43 am

heheheheheh I am so happy :D

Yep, they will be colored, I am so glad that you like Laila's Portrait. I plan to replace the old battle portraits too. :D The Claudius much more natural... and a whole lot manlier.
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:45 am

They are BEAUTIFUL Safir.  Your technique keeps getting BETTER AND BETTER!   :bow:
'When Zeon lost his powers, he fell to Earth, and created a giant crator where he hit. His moan destroyed the mountains and the crater was buried by the debris.'

(of Zeon)

Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:50 am

Rain wrote:They are BEAUTIFUL Safir.  Your technique keeps getting BETTER AND BETTER!   :bow:

Yeah, seriously! I've been watching your non-sprite ever since you first joined us and you have improved by so much, I almost don't believe it. :bow:
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:58 am

:heh: Gee, thanks :D
Sylon
Artist

Postby Sylon » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:18 am

Claudius kinda looks like Squall Leonhart!!!!!!!

I think that is the PERFECT Claudius face though.  It's sooo....PERFECT!

Laila's is nice too.

Yeah human faces are tough to draw.  I've tried it many times.  I give you lots of credit.  :bow:
-[Sylon Shanings]-, A Servant of Allacrost.
I owe my allegiance to Roots and only Roots! Hail to the dictator!

"DAD GUMMIT I NEEDA GET MY TORUS DOWN." - Sylon's art jabber
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:23 am

Sylon wrote:Claudius kinda looks like Squall Leonhart!!!!!!!

I think that is the PERFECT Claudius face though.  It's sooo....PERFECT!

Laila's is nice too.

Yeah human faces are tough to draw.  I've tried it many times.  I give you lots of credit.  :bow:

hehe thanks... I have went to playing ff8, the best FF I think.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:28 am

Safir-Kreuz wrote:hehe thanks... I have went to playing ff8, the best FF I think.

What? You mean I'm not the only one that thinks FF8 is one of the best Final Fantasies? Oh man, you and I need to start a club. :heh:
Sylon
Artist

Postby Sylon » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:36 am

Sorry boys, FF8 was worse than FF1.  But not FF2 I'll give it that.
-[Sylon Shanings]-, A Servant of Allacrost.
I owe my allegiance to Roots and only Roots! Hail to the dictator!

"DAD GUMMIT I NEEDA GET MY TORUS DOWN." - Sylon's art jabber
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:47 am

Roots wrote:
Safir-Kreuz wrote:hehe thanks... I have went to playing ff8, the best FF I think.

What? You mean I'm not the only one that thinks FF8 is one of the best Final Fantasies? Oh man, you and I need to start a club. :heh:

Yeah, really... I mean the junction system is like ungodly awesome... people are just so scared of innovative ideas.
jsmith71
Artist

Postby jsmith71 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:06 am

Sylon wrote:Sorry boys, FF8 was worse than FF1.  But not FF2 I'll give it that.

I liked ff2. :axe: (and yeah, I'm talking about ff2 for the nes, not what was called ff2 in America :p)
Steu
Developer

Postby Steu » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:06 am

No way FF8 is one of the best.
Safir-Kreuz
Artist

Postby Safir-Kreuz » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:09 am

Steu wrote:

Let me guess, Final Fantasy 7, Sephiroth.

By the way hasn't anybody ever noticed in the Tetsuya Nomora characters that the good guy turn bad always has an S' name. Sephiroth, Seifer, Seymour.

Seymour was the best thing though... such an awesome character I though. Sephiroth and me have problems... well... because I abstain anything that gets that popular....

Though I do admit I like Aeris, Tifa, Celes, Terra, Lulu, Yuna, Rinoa, Quistis, and Selphie. I guess I like every female from the whole series... um...
Steu
Developer

Postby Steu » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:11 am

Safir-Kreuz wrote:
Steu wrote:

Let me guess, Final Fantasy 7, Sephiroth.

By the way hasn't anybody ever noticed in the Tetsuya Nomora characters that the good guy turn bad always has an S' name. Sephiroth, Seifer, Seymour.

Nah my favourites are probably in this order, FF4, FF8, FF9, FF6, FF7, FF1, never played the PS2 Final Fantasies though.
gorzuate
Developer

Postby gorzuate » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:29 am

Safir-Kreuz wrote:Though I do admit I like Aeris, Tifa, Celes, Terra, Lulu, Yuna, Rinoa, Quistis, and Selphie. I guess I like every female from the whole series... um...

:eyebrow: hmm...

Dude :!: Your portraits are awesome!!!

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
jsmith71
Artist

Postby jsmith71 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:31 am

Safir-Kreuz wrote:Sephiroth and me have problems... well... because I abstain anything that gets that popular....

I used to have the whole mindset of "psh, ff7 is overrated"... Then I played through it again, and while it definately is flaws in some aspects, it has a lot of style and I will say I thought the storyline was quite well-done and dramatic... Of course it's VERY difficult to compliment the game without being shoved into the category of all the drooling ff7 fans and labelled a 'fanboy'. ;)

However, I stand by the belief that there is often (not always, but quite often) a reason why something became as popular as it is. I will say without shame that I think ff7 was quite excellently done. :) (though yes... the obsessiveness of the fans and the HUGE fandom surrounding it annoy me as well)

EDIT: Ah, jeez, got so caught up in that subject I forgot what the topic was about. Great portraits! Claudius' is quite good, though personally I think it may seem a bit bland... lacking definate character, or something I can't quite place. The other is very well done. :approve:
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:42 am

I felt the same way about FF7. I didn't like it very much the first time I played it. In fact, the graphics were a huge turn-off for me (I thought FF6 looked SOOO much better. :heh: ). Then I got stuck trying to find that damn Temple of the Ancients and just gave up my first time. Once I picked it back up a couple years later, I beat it and enjoyed it a lot more the first time.

ANYWAY, enough FF discussion! Jeez, we are sure getting a bad habit of getting off-topic in all kinds of threads lately, aren't we? :axe:

Josiah Tobin wrote:EDIT: Ah, jeez, got so caught up in that subject I forgot what the topic was about. Great portraits! Claudius' is quite good, though personally I think it may seem a bit bland... lacking definate character, or something I can't quite place. The other is very well done. :approve:

I disagree about Claudius' personality being bland. Well actually I take it back. His personality IS bland (I'm the one who designed his character after all ;)), and S-K's piece brings that out marvelously. I see no need to change the appearance of either character. :approve:

Return to “Artwork”