More artwork.

For discussing and sharing all forms of artwork related to the game

Moderator: Staff

Psiweapon

More artwork.

Postby Psiweapon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Here I am.

After spending some time working on the other two projects I'm in, I should do something for this one again.

Any suggestions, or should I go right away to fix those tileset shortcomings?
Roots
Dictator

Re: More artwork.

Postby Roots » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:58 pm

I thought you were going to make the final of your three demon sprites. Did you not feel like making another right now? Just wondering.

Actually, more than enemy sprites we really need tiles to complete our desert town/castle. We've been essentially stuck with our map making since we don't have the art to complete a lot of it. So yeah, if you want to work on that it would be an enormous help. I've been working on some walls and a stone pillar myself, but I'm still new and pretty sucky so it takes me a long time (not to mention all the other types of work I do besides art). If you open up img/tilesets in your Allacrost directory, you'll see pretty much what we've got right now. What we need in addition to what we've got includes:

1) We need to take those houses in "img/tilesets/harrvah_house_exterior.png" and "img/tilesets/harrvah_house_interior.png" and destroy them. The city is under attack when it is first visited in the game, so we need to see some rubble, collapsed roofs, damaged walls and doors, etc.

2) We need to expand "img/tilesets/castle_exterior_01.png" to make an entire freaking castle. :eyespin: Large doors to enter it, windows, towers, and so on.

3) In addition to the castle exterior, we need a castle interior as well. We can re-use or modify what we find in "img/tilesets/harrvah_house_interior.png" and "img/tilesets/building_interior_objects_01.png" as a start. Notable points of this structure include the need for a throne room and a barracks/training room for the knights.

4) There are additional items we'll need for the town, such as market stalls to line the streets, various shop signs, a water resource in the city square (not a well, and not a fountain, but more like just a long trough for people to fetch water is what I'm imaging).

I think that's enough of a starter. By the way, a few weeks ago I made a rough sketch of how this map is going to be laid out. You can read it here (note: this is a link to the team-only area of the forums, so you won't be able to see it if you're not a team member):

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5358

Finally, this piece of concept art is a good representation of the city-castle that we are constructing here.

nemesis

Re: More artwork.

Postby nemesis » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:35 pm

When the tile artwork will be as good as your enemy shapes, Allacrost will look really good in the near future :bow: (even better than today ;)).

Return to “Artwork”