Important Information for Allacrost Artists

For discussing and sharing all forms of artwork related to the game

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Important Information for Allacrost Artists

Postby Roots » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:21 am

Artist Contributing FAQ

Where can I find information useful to artists?
Visit the Artist Main page on our wiki.

What type of artwork is used in Allacrost?
We use a combination of pixel art and digital portraits and landscapes. Take a look at the Artwork Categories page.

What technical requirements does the artwork have? For example: image sizes, animations, and transparency?
Artwork Categories contains this information for each type of artwork we use. The more general information is found on the Artwork Standards page.

What specific sprites/tiles/etc do you need done right now?
Our Roadmap holds a list of all the artwork and other tasks we need to complete for our next release. This is an overview and doesn't go into the details on each piece of art. This list also tends to be outdated. If you need clarification on an artwork task on this page or wish to ask questions, try posting in the Artist Task Thread.

Where do I upload my work to share it?
We prefer to keep all artwork created specifically for Allacrost on our site. We have an FTP site that we upload our work to. If you'd like an account, just ask for one. You're free to upload your work on other image sharing sites as well if you prefer.

How do I submit my contribution?
Post a reply to a relevant thread in this forum and link to your work (or create a new thread if necessary). Please note that by attaching any of your personal work, you are hereby granting us your permission to use your work under the GNU Public License. You will still retain the rights to your work and can use them however you like under a separate license.

Why should I contribute?
Because it will help us get the game released more quickly. :) You should contribute because you want to contribute, it's as simple as that.

Will I be credited for my work?
Contributors who's work is used in the game will get their names listed in the credits and on the website.

What can I do to make sure my contributions get put in the game?
First of all, read the Roadmap page, where you can see what art we need to complete. Second, talk to us. Ask us what work needs to be done and then do it. Going off and making your own random sprite/tileset/artwork and then asking us to use it in the game isn't a good idea. Asking us is also a good way to make sure you aren't doing something that someone has already done or is working on already.

What file format should I use?
All game artwork will be in the PNG image format. The only exception is fullscreen art which are in JPEG format.

I hope that takes care of all the questions. If you have other questions or comments, go ahead and post them in this thread.
Last edited by Roots on Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:32 pm

This thread has undergone a major facelift today to reflect recent changes in the way we organize our content and developer information. Following is a list of those changes.

1. The thread is now unlocked and open for discussion. You should still post any contributions you'd like to make in seperate threads though!

2. I removed almost all of the information in the first post as well as deleting subsequent posts. That information is now relocated to the Allacrost wiki

3. Added two quick-links to specific artwork-related wiki pages at the top of the first post.

Return to “Artwork”