Artist Task Thread

For discussing and sharing all forms of artwork related to the game

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Re: Artist Task Thread

Postby Roots » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Glad you enjoyed it. Your interpretations look great!

Our roadmap has a pretty complete list of what we need in every area for the next release. You can find artwork under the Media section.

http://www.allacrost.org/wiki/index.php ... dmap#Media

As you can see, there are a few face and body portraits that we need. (green = we must have it, yellow = we'd like to have it, red = totally optional and probably won't have time for it).

To make sure that you're creating your images in the proper file format and dimensions, take a look at this page:
http://www.allacrost.org/wiki/index.php ... Categories

Comes with examples of each artwork type. I would stick to our existing artwork style as much as you are able to.

Let me know if you have any questions. What do you think you'll work on first?
rideordiestudio

Postby rideordiestudio » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:35 pm

I'm looking at the files for the game (sprite files) and it seems that the initial party members (Kyle and Knight, if correct) both need artwork. I'd like to start with their face portraits. I looked at the roadmap but am unsure of Kyle's physical appearance. Will he be a replica of the generic knight?
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Kyle was a character in our final demo release a few years ago. He won't be making an appearance anytime in the near future, so I wouldn't worry about him. (Of course if you are really enthusiastic about that character for some reason, go for it).

We absolutely need some knight face portraits. We have several knight sprites and a few distinguished characters.

Captain Bravis
A senior commander of the knights. A man of honor, discipline, and cares for those who fall under his command

Sergeant Maethus
Second-in-command. Ambitious, loyal, resolute.

Generic Knight

Lukar (uses generic knight sprite)
A squad commander. Proper and disciplined. A good figure to look up to for leadership and guidance.

Mark (uses generic knight sprite)
A seasoned veteran knight. Very brash and always speaks his mind. Somewhat rude to his juniors (especially Claudius), but there's no malice in his words. He simply wants to put hatch lings in their place (I have a backstory for him about a promising young knight under his wing that he encouraged and, growing too confident, the knight fell in battle and he blames himself for it, hence why he now is so harsh).

Royal Guard
No sprite for this one yet, so there's more freedom for this style. Basically what I'm thinking of doing is taking the generic knight sprite, making the armor look a little more beefy, and giving them a long cape down their shoulders.

By the way, anytime you want to see the latest art you can go to our bit bucket page where all our files are stored online. Click the "Source" tab on the left sidebar, then the "img" directory that appears. All the current images used in the game are stored here.

PS: Sorry my response was kind of late. I was out of town last weekend.

Return to “Artwork”