About this thread
The main purpose of this thread is for programmers to announce when they have committed a change to the subversion repository. It is also used as a discussion forum for any problems or issues of recent commits.
(For reference, the previous commit log thread can be found here: http://www.allacrost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=348)
Ways to track commit activity
- Allacrost @ CIA - lists information about the most recent commits
- Allacrost @ Ohloh - code analysis, contributor listing, full commit log
- RSS feed of Allacrost commits - courtesy of CIA
- IRC bot in #allacrost @ irc.freenode.net - reports commit activity in real time (Bot name is "CIA-##", where the number may vary)
- Visit the Subversion repository - directly via your web browser
- View the posts to this thread
Thread Usage Guidelines
- You must use this thread if you are making significant commits to subversion. It is not optional.
- Very minor commits do not need to be logged. Use your best judgment to determine if a commit should be logged in here or not.
- Follow the commit template (found below this list)
- Keep conversations in this thread to a minimum. The thread should be filled with commit messages, not dialogs.
- Limit conversations to issues about recent commits (e.g., commit #1429 caused a crash on Windows).
Commit post template
Code: Select all
[b]Committed revision #????.[/b] ============================================================ [b]Files Added[/b] [list] [*] [/list] [b]Files Modified[/b] [list] [*] [/list] [b]Files Deleted[/b] [list] [*] [/list] [b]Primary Changes[/b] [list] [*] [/list] [b]Secondary Changes[/b] [list] [*] [/list] [b]Known Bugs[/b] [list] [*] [/list] [b]Miscellaneous Notes[/b] [list] [*] [/list] ============================================================
All categories in the commit template are optional. If a category is not relevant to your commit, omit it from your post. If something is not worth mentioning, don't mention it. For file lists you can just copy/paste the output of your subversion client (you don't have to follow the phpBB bulleted list formatting).
- Files Added
List all new files added to the repository through this commit. This includes renamed files. Do not omit this category if you have new files in your commit.
- Files Modified
List all modified files through this commit. You may choose to omit this category if you do not think this information is relevant for others to know about your commit.
- Files Deleted
List all modified files removed through this commit. Do not omit this category if you have removed files in your commit.commit.
- Primary Changes
List all major changes in your commit. If your commit only includes minor changes, omit this category and fill out only secondary changes.
- Secondary Changes
List all minor changes in your commit. Most larger commits include both primary and secondary changes
- Known Bugs
List any bugs you believe were either introduced in this commit, or new problems that you have observed since your last commit. Do not re-report previously known issues unless there is new behavior. Link to issues in the bug tracker when appropriate.
- Miscellaneous Notes
List any other notes you would like to make about this commit or its potential impact on others.
Example Commit Post
Committed revision #1337.
- Added support for multiple enemy fighters in battles
- [BUG FIX] Fixed choppy audio playback
- Cleaned up audio header files
- Battle mode crashes at defeat screen
- Multiple enemies in battle still needs more testing before I'll feel comfortable that this feature is complete
- Next commit I'll be working on fixing the menu display in battle mode