Aren't the dependencies listing a bit old

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

shirish

Aren't the dependencies listing a bit old

Post by shirish » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:32 am

Hi all,

See http://www.allacrost.org/wiki/index.php ... pendencies . As can be seen the versions they share and the versions I have on my system aren't compatible at all. Then later I see they were of 2012 vintage/era. Would love to know what recent versions work.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
Roots
Dictator

Re: Aren't the dependencies listing a bit old

Post by Roots » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 am

Yes, the dependencies are old. I know Lua has a 5.2 version, but I think we're still on 5.1 due to our use of the Luabind library, which unfortunately has become an inactive project. More recent versions of many of these libraries should work just fine (except for Lua 5.2 and SDL 2.0, but there's an open task to move us to SDL 2.0 that another developer has stated their intention to work on). These are just the versions that we know should work.

Still, yes these version numbers should be updated/clarified. Probably once we're close to the official release at the end of the year, because at that point I want to package Allacrost for the various Linux distributions (Debian/Ubuntu/Mint, Fedora, etc) and at that time we'll need to know the right versions for library dependency reasons.
shirish

Post by shirish » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:46 am

Roots wrote:Yes, the dependencies are old. I know Lua has a 5.2 version, but I think we're still on 5.1 due to our use of the Luabind library, which unfortunately has become an inactive project. More recent versions of many of these libraries should work just fine (except for Lua 5.2 and SDL 2.0, but there's an open task to move us to SDL 2.0 that another developer has stated their intention to work on). These are just the versions that we know should work.

Still, yes these version numbers should be updated/clarified. Probably once we're close to the official release at the end of the year, because at that point I want to package Allacrost for the various Linux distributions (Debian/Ubuntu/Mint, Fedora, etc) and at that time we'll need to know the right versions for library dependency reasons.
Just sharing the issue/ticket numbers for self. Can't run ./configure due to SDL2

Code: Select all

checking for SDL_InitSubSystem in -lSDL... no
Could not find the SDL library. Check that it is properly installed on your system
https://bitbucket.org/allacrost/allacro ... o-use-sdl2
https://bitbucket.org/allacrost/allacro ... ked-up-for

Code: Select all

$ sdl2-config --version
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:37 am

You should be able to have both SDL 1.2 and SDL 2.* installed on your system. They are listed as two different packages on mine (Linux Mint) and I have both installed.