Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Building Map Editor on Windows

For discussion of the code running behind the game

Moderator: Staff

eyohansa

Building Map Editor on Windows

Post by eyohansa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:51 pm

I'm trying to build the Map Editor on Windows but encountered the following problem.

Code: Select all

||=== Build: Debug Win32 in Map Editor (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|
ld.exe||cannot find -lLuaBind|
||=== Build failed: 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 2 second(s)) ===|
I can't find the LuaBind library anywhere and the one on the net is just source code (which we already have in the luabind directory) or from a shady site.
I try to follow the installation from the INSTALL file included but it hasn't been working. I assume I'd have to change something in the JAMROOT file but no idea what.

Any suggestions? :)
Roots
Dictator

Re: Building Map Editor on Windows

Post by Roots » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:56 pm

You said you were able to compile the game, right? The game uses Luabind as well, so I would suggest taking a look at the build target between the editor and the game and seeing where they differ. The editor needs both the Luabind code (src/luabind) and the script engine code (src/engine/script). I don't have any real suggestions here myself. :huh: rujasu might know what needs to be done.

And FWIW, it's not absolutely essential that you're able to compile the editor. Unless you plan to either work on the editor code or use it to make maps, you probably won't touch it. So don't sweat it if you're having a lot of trouble with it. We can get it working later if you get stuck on it. The important thing is you can compile and run the game.
eyohansa

Post by eyohansa » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:02 pm

I forgot to mention I did the comparison and the game doesn't have LuaBind library linked, just Lua51 so I tried removing the LuaBind library link from the editor, yet, if I do that, multiple errors such as this appeared

Code: Select all

...\allacrost\game\src\luabind\luabind\detail\inheritance.hpp|159|undefined reference to `luabind::detail::allocate_class_id(luabind::type_id const&)'|
Is there a chance that this error is caused by something else?

As for the game, should I commit the working Windows build?
I think I replaced multiple strcasecmp with equality check as mentioned in the other post.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:38 pm

That error is from the Luabind code that we have added directly in our source tree. So the answer is no, it could not be anything else. I guess then that your build doesn't link Luabind at all. It just compiles that library and uses it directly from the source tree. Which I suppose is the point, but on Linux I'm pretty sure we still link to the library (AFAIK anyway). Sorry I'm not much help here. I'm not a Windows developer and have never compiled our source on anything other than Linux myself.

Yes, let's go ahead and commit your code. Tell me your sourceforge username and I'll add you to the project so you can have write access to the repository. Just make sure you don't do anything naughty with your new powers. ;) Read this if you haven't already: http://www.allacrost.org/wiki/index.php ... e_Policies