Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Site has been having DNS issues, hopefully now resolved

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Site has been having DNS issues, hopefully now resolved

Post by Roots » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 am

Last night I noticed some odd behavior across the site. It turns out that there was a DNS server in the cluster that did not properly update to our new server location (I migrated the site to a server with newer backend software a couple weeks ago). So if you've seen errors about insufficient PHP versions, or noticed that recent posts on the forum are no longer there, it's because you were seeing an old snapshot of the site from it's old server location.

Our hosting provider has already fixed this issue at my request so hopefully this is now fully resolved. But I wanted to make people aware of it anyway in case the problem still persists, or if anyone has been confused by the site acting strangely recently. I'm not sure how long this was going on for (I first noticed it last night) as I was away on vacation last week.
Roots
Dictator

Re: Site has been having DNS issues, hopefully now resolved

Post by Roots » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 pm

We're still having these issues. I've updated our DNS nameservers and that will hopefully fix the problem for good. I'm going to run some tests later this afternoon to confirm.