Forums are not sending out registration confirmation e-mails

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Forums are not sending out registration confirmation e-mails

Postby Roots » Mon May 09, 2011 6:57 am

Or at least, they are never arriving. The last two people who joined these forums I had to activate their accounts manually because they never got the e-mail. This is something we need to fix ASAP. rujasu, would you mind taking care of this? I'm kind of swamped with other stuff right now.

Oh another forum issue: apparently new members are not allowed to send PMs. That's a setting we need to change.
rujasu
Developer

Re: Forums are not sending out registration confirmation e-m

Postby rujasu » Mon May 09, 2011 3:09 pm

For now, the activation system is disabled; all users are activated by default as long as they can register. Also, new members are allowed to send private messages now. We'll see how it goes.
gorzuate
Developer

Postby gorzuate » Fri May 13, 2011 5:19 am

I have noticed that I no longer receive an email when I get a new PM and was thinking that whatever was changed for this thread's issue might be the cause.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri May 13, 2011 5:24 am

Yeah, its not a forum issue but an issue with our webserver's outgoing mail system. Maybe the address changed or some setting got activated or something. Either of you want to volunteer to look into it? If not I'll get around to it eventually, but I've got my hands full with other things right now so it may be a week or two
rujasu
Developer

Postby rujasu » Fri May 13, 2011 5:27 am

Seeing as I'm trying to recove my desktop at this point, I'll pass on volunteering for now. It's really not my area of expertise in any case.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri May 13, 2011 6:55 pm

I just noticed that I've gotten e-mails from both the forums and the bug tracker in recent days. Maybe its fine with local e-mails (ie sending to allacrost.org domain) but just can't handle external sites? :shrug:

Return to “Online Services”