Multimedia page

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

rujasu
Developer

Multimedia page

Postby rujasu » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 am

The front page links to this page: http://www.allacrost.org/multimedia

As it stands right now, most of the content on this page has been around since I started on this project (over two years ago, when only the first demo had been released.) The music includes Seeking New Worlds, Confrontation, and an incredibly old version of the intro theme. I think it would be a good idea to get the newest version of our main Allacrost theme up there, along with perhaps a theme we used in the 0.2 demos and a theme we're going to use in the next release. Would be nice to at least get a teaser out there.

The desert tileset featured at the top of the artwork page isn't even being used at all in our current plans:

I think it would be a good idea to show some of our new desert tiles, seeing as they look 5000% better than the previous stuff.

There are some early screenshots of the 0.2 demo series from early 2007, but even those shots really show their age at this point. They're, again, over two years old. And some of these screenshots really shouldn't be featured prominently at this point:

Seriously, that's just not a shot that we want to be showing off at this point -- I'm fine with burying it on an "old screenshots" page but we need to put up some new stuff and highlight that. I'd really like to get some shots of the new desert up. I may try to take some screenshots this week but I'm not sure if they'll work -- my OpenGL doesn't display fonts well these days.

So, basically, I think it would be a good idea to throw up a small amount of new content to show where the project currently is. Thoughts?
gorzuate
Developer

Re: Multimedia page

Postby gorzuate » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:53 am

My thoughts are that you have proposed an excellent idea :D

Lemme know if you need any help
Roots
Dictator

Re: Multimedia page

Postby Roots » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm all for it, as long as someone else does the work. I'm tired of being the only one who updates our website as its a lot of work. That's why the website hasn't been updated in a long time. :angel: If more people start chipping in and helping out with these sorts of things, I'll be willing to do my fair share of the work.

Return to “Online Services”