Frontpage down (again!)

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

ElonNarai
Developer

Frontpage down (again!)

Postby ElonNarai » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:47 am

Yes, I know. The front site is down again and I need to fix this.

I will try to do this as fast as possible.

- ElonNarai
Documenter and coder
Roots
Dictator

Re: Frontpage down (again!)

Postby Roots » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Do we know how this happened? If no one was messing around with the site and it suddenly died on its own, that's bad. Especially since we're going to need it to have solid uptime pretty soon once we start our new recruitment efforts.
Brian
Writer

Postby Brian » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:33 am

I was just about to post about this - glad you guys are on top of it.
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.
ElonNarai
Developer

Postby ElonNarai » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:54 pm

Roots wrote:Do we know how this happened? If no one was messing around with the site and it suddenly died on its own, that's bad. Especially since we're going to need it to have solid uptime pretty soon once we start our new recruitment efforts.

I was busy updating it and I have tested the procedure with my own site. However I got php errors, which is something I had the first time, and then it bricked on me. I even became so angry that I just wanted to stop with the entire allacrost project (those were my emotions speaking) so I decided to let it rest and regain my cool before I would do a second attempt.

Now the site is back up and running again and I have done a complete and a clean install.
Just to be certain I have also made a backup of the entire site so that if it goes wrong, I can just delete everything and put the site backup again.
Documenter and coder

Return to “Online Services”