So I think before we all start blogging, we should set a few ground rules to follow so that our blogs aren't abused or make anyone upset (including both fellow team members and the public).
- Only staff members are able to write blogs. Contributors can not.
- Try to blog about things related to Allacrost. Its fine to insert little snippets of your own life in there where relevant (e.g., I can't work on Allacrost for two months because I'm taking a long family vacation), but the blog should not be a place to rant and rave about other things in your life (for that, use blogger.com)
- Everyone is free to share any work that they created. Art, music, code, whatever. You don't have to worry about getting permission to do so from the team because its -your- work.
- DO NOT share the work that someone else created (or that you assisted with) unless you get their express permission.
- The only things you can not speak about Allacrost are spoilers (details of the story to the upcoming release, new characters being introduced that have never been seen publicly, etc). All other topics about Allacrost are unfiltered. Negative opinions of the game/team are certainly allowed as long as its tasteful. No pointless rants like "Roots is a jerk!" or anything
We need a formal list of policies and should probably put them up in a wiki page when we have them written. All I've proposed here is an informal list of things I think we should and should not do. What would you like to see added as part of our blogging policies? Remember that all our blogs are public and available for the whole world to see, so its important that we all get our say about this.