txt attachments

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

ElonNarai
Developer

txt attachments

Postby ElonNarai » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:21 am

I wanted to put a small txt file on the forum but I had to zip it as txt files are not allowed. Will this change or will it remain like this?
Documenter and coder
Roots
Dictator

Re: txt attachments

Postby Roots » Mon May 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Really? What did it say when you tried to upload a .txt file? That seems very odd to me that our forum would restrict that (it shouldn't).
Winter Knight
Contributor

Postby Winter Knight » Tue May 06, 2008 4:52 pm

I just tried it. It says, "The extension txt is not allowed." The extension doc is not allowed, and the extension fjdklsajflkasdjflyuiewyriuwqeyriuew is not allowed. It looks like there is an extension whitelist somewhere where you can allow files to be uploaded. It seems silly to me to discriminate based on extensions.

Also, text-file. and text-file fail with "The extension is not allowed."
Attachments
text-file.zip
This is a text file.
(21 Bytes) Downloaded 142 times
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Thu May 08, 2008 1:56 am

I'm taking a look through the control panel now to see if I can find an option for this. I haven't had any luck so far. The phpbb 3.0 panel is a lot more.....well, MORE than the 2.x panel was, so I don't know exactly where everything is yet.

EDIT: Okay, I think I figured out how to enable it. You should now be able to attach: archive files, document file types, plain text, multimedia files, and images. Size limit is 256KB max per attachment.

Return to “Online Services”