[Forums] The News section

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

kess

[Forums] The News section

Postby kess » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 am

I’m not sure about whether the News section of the forums has any function today or will have in the future, but as I personally see it, it’s just a red icon forcing me to check the time of the latest post, in case something new has been posted...

Perhaps one or the other of these suggestions can be done:
• Changing the graphics of the “Forum is locked” icon so that it doesn’t resemble the “New posts” one so much
• Moving the News section/subforum to a less prominent place on the board / main forums
• Start using it again, somehow
• Removing (archiving) it altogether

This is in deed a minor aesthetic detail, but it has somehow grown on me annoyingly since it forces me to use up a few precious seconds every visit. :rolleyes: I feel incredibly lazy writing this. :heh:
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:24 pm

I thought that the news section of the forum was hidden from everyone but administrators. :| Anyway yeah I agree with you. We never post anything in there anymore; its a relic from when we tried to use our forums for people to comment on news articles on the site.

Return to “Online Services”