Bug tracker getting spam notes!

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Bug tracker getting spam notes!

Postby Roots » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:22 pm

I just found (and deleted) a spam note that was attached by a guest user in our bug tracker. :axe: It doesn't seem like we have a widespread problem with spam in the bug tracker right now, but I wanted to let everyone know that our tracker has been the target of a spammer at least once now. :(
gorzuate
Developer

Postby gorzuate » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:47 pm

Stupid spam :mad:
MindFlayer
Developer

Re: Bug tracker getting spam notes!

Postby MindFlayer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:33 pm

Same problem here. Can we disable guest posts or does someone have a better idea? :shrug:
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:24 pm

MindFlayer wrote:Same problem here. Can we disable guest posts or does someone have a better idea? :shrug:

I'm notified every time that someone posts comments to a bug report. Things are usually calm, but last night we received a flurry of spam posts. I'll get around to deleting them later.

The volume isn't so great that I can't manage it by myself, so for now I prefer we keep guest posts active. If it gets to be overwhelming, then I'll disable guest posts and we'll have to think of a plan. Maybe the most recent version of Mantis (our bug tracker software) has captcha support? :shrug:
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:01 am

Ironically enough, the past 2-3 days have seen a huge spike in spam posts on the bug tracker, so I've disabled guest posting for the time being. It was a single spammer linking to a single site, so hopefully this is an isolated incident. I'll see if I can talk with the Mantis people about this and see if there's an anti-spam solution

Return to “Online Services”