Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Bug tracker getting spam notes!

Here you may share your feedback on any of the online services we provide, or report technical issues that you may have encountered.

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Bug tracker getting spam notes!

Post by Roots » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:22 am

I just found (and deleted) a spam note that was attached by a guest user in our bug tracker. :axe: It doesn't seem like we have a widespread problem with spam in the bug tracker right now, but I wanted to let everyone know that our tracker has been the target of a spammer at least once now. :(
gorzuate
Developer

Post by gorzuate » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:47 pm

Stupid spam :mad:
MindFlayer
Developer

Re: Bug tracker getting spam notes!

Post by MindFlayer » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:33 pm

Same problem here. Can we disable guest posts or does someone have a better idea? :shrug:
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:24 pm

MindFlayer wrote:Same problem here. Can we disable guest posts or does someone have a better idea? :shrug:
I'm notified every time that someone posts comments to a bug report. Things are usually calm, but last night we received a flurry of spam posts. I'll get around to deleting them later.

The volume isn't so great that I can't manage it by myself, so for now I prefer we keep guest posts active. If it gets to be overwhelming, then I'll disable guest posts and we'll have to think of a plan. Maybe the most recent version of Mantis (our bug tracker software) has captcha support? :shrug:
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:01 pm

Ironically enough, the past 2-3 days have seen a huge spike in spam posts on the bug tracker, so I've disabled guest posting for the time being. It was a single spammer linking to a single site, so hopefully this is an isolated incident. I'll see if I can talk with the Mantis people about this and see if there's an anti-spam solution