Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

"Hi, my name is..." (Introduce yourself here!)

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

gaebril

Re: "Hi, my name is..." (Introduce yourself here!)

Post by gaebril » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi,
My name is Charles Bancroft and I am in the process of becoming a contributor to Allacrost. I am a 25 year old CS masters student at the University of New Hampshire and full time software engineer. I am strongest in C(low and higher level), C++ and Java. I have spent the last 3 years doing OpenGL, CUDA and CG programming, and low level optimization for a defense contractor. I spent the 4 years before that doing iSCSI conformance testing. I have been an avid RPG'r since I was 7 and have been involved OSS for the last 10 years. Outside of programming I love reading, spending time with my newborn son, any sort of black/dry humor. My favorite music types are metal, old school rock & roll and classical.

Feel free to message me about anything, I am glad to talk.
-C
eguitarz
Contributor

Post by eguitarz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi! My name is Dale Ma. From Taipei, Taiwan. I'm a new contributor in HoA. My age is 21. Studied in National Taipei University of Technology, majored in Electrical Engineering. I found I'm really intresting in programming, and reallly want to improve my skill, so I came here... Nice to meet you. :hack:
Field: Editor
Quest: Supports sprites feature
Gallivan
Team Manager

Post by Gallivan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:11 pm

Welcome! :approve:
bigdirtyphil09
Contributor

Post by bigdirtyphil09 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Philip Nichols and I'm a new contributor for HoA. I'm a Junior at Boston University majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Mathematics. I hope I can bring as much as I possibly can to this project while taking away as much good experience as I can as well!
TangentZ
Contributor

Post by TangentZ » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:39 pm

Hello all, I'm Anthony from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I'm preparing myself to be an occasional contributor of the project. I read about this project through a post on GameDev.net. By now I've played the demo and I'm very impressed with what's been done so far. That's why I decided that I want to help when I have some free time. :approve:

A little bit about myself, I'm a full-time senior programmer at a financial techonology company. We use a proprietary C-like scripting language at work. But I've worked with so many different computer languages and platforms, just one more wouldn't hurt. I've programmed in various game engines during my spare time, like Quake (QuakeC), Unreal (UnrealScript), and CryEngine (Lua). I like almost every aspect of game programming, but especially artificial intelligence. :D

There's a bit of a learning curve for Allacrost (just like every other project), but hopefully I'll be able to start contributing soon. Later. :cool:
Klesk
Contributor

Post by Klesk » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:24 pm

Hi

My name is Paweł, I'm new HoA contributor from Poland. I'm currently studying Computer Science (2nd year). I hope You will find my help usefull and I believe I will learn new things while working on this game.
br1cks

Post by br1cks » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Hello all. I have silently been following the Allacrost project for years now, and I am really impressed by the dedication to the project and the growing community of staff and contributors. I've decided to ditch my lurker status and hopefully make some useful contributions to the project. I've been programming games since my middle school days and even made it my profession for a stint at EA. Right now, I'm working for a company I co-founded (http://www.fuzzwich.com/), and will be attempting to spend some of my spare time to help make Allacrost completely awesome. Really looking forward to working with everyone and brushing up on my C++. :bow:
ElonNarai
Developer

Post by ElonNarai » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:20 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Wouter Lindenhof (AKA ElonNarai). I have recently discovered the project and have applied for being a staff member. I'm a programmer and have worked for different companies as a fulltime programmer.

CURRENT PROGRAMMING SKILLSET
  • RayTracing
  • Software rasterizer
  • OpenGL
  • DirectX
  • Software design
  • 3D AudioEngine (Including effects such as lowpass filter)
  • SIMD
  • Fixed Point math
  • script parsers
  • Game AI
  • Abstraction
And the list is still growing. Though I'm primarly a programmer I prefer to work on the design (not art, there is a difference) but I have also been project lead, programming lead and have completed quite a few projects succefully.

The reason for wanting to be a staff member is that I want to work on a multi-OS game project which I hope can push forward at a more accelerated rate.
Documenter and coder
prophile

Post by prophile » Fri May 09, 2008 5:38 pm

Well, upon closer observation, it appears I never posted my introduction here. How remiss of me.

So, for future reference, and for anyone who doesn't know me (I'm not exactly active), I'm Alastair Lynn, aka prophile, only here as a contributor, and I do absolutely nothing. Well, apart from the occasional OS X bugfix now and then. I do know quite a lot about OpenGL, OpenAL, and Mac OS X though, so if you need a hand with a particularly stubborn bug, I'm generally around on IRC on one of my plethora of instant messenger clients.
Alastair Lynn / Resident Whinger / Allacrost
JasonL220

Post by JasonL220 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:50 am

Hey, my name is Jason Lovett, having decided to get involved with a serious project, this caught my eye as it was at the right level for me and would be able to fit it are my busy schedule.

I've made some small classic game clones a few years ago and have done a bit of OpenGL, i also worked for a telcomms company during the summer month working on developing a C API for high end network device which I feel improved my programming skills a lot.

I'm studying for a Masters in Electronic & Software Engineering, at Loughborough university.
hikaricore

Post by hikaricore » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

making a post to prevent account deletion
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:35 pm

You already had 9 posts prior to that hikaricore so you were safe anyway. But I guess one can never be too safe. Who knows, maybe I'll go around deleting everyone with less than 10 posts out of spite. :devil: ;)
qubodup

Post by qubodup » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi, I'm writing here because of the anti-spam message.

I do not approve of this method, but whatever works out for ya :) I suppose it's also better than a horribly hard captcha.

EDIT: I guess I didn't have to. I just didn't read the message because It's easier to click the link, log in and post than reading a long email.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:42 pm

qubodup wrote:Hi, I'm writing here because of the anti-spam message.
You joined over a year ago and have made posts. If you would have read the e-mail completely then you would know that there was absolutely no risk that your account would be deleted. :rolleyes: I don't like having to do this either, but I'm not going to let this waste more time than it has to. I've literally lost days of productivity time in the past battling spam and I'm not putting up with it anymore. :angry:
hagish

Post by hagish » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:45 am

im Sebastian qubodup servant ;)
im a developer of iris2 [ http://iris2.de ] and if i remember correctly i registered myself because of mac build things. but not sure :)
phu

Post by phu » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:10 pm

I'm phu... no, I'm not Vietnamese, it's just a screen name. ;)

I've been a programmer in various fashions for about 12 years now... currently I'm obsessed with Python and am intermittently working on a bit of an online RPG using pygame.
Orymus

Post by Orymus » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:30 pm

I'm Orymus,
I've joined to help the team with level design.
I work for a large gaming software company and am mostly looking for extra-curricular experience to earn myself a promotion in the long run. :P And yes, indie is a good way to do that!
phuedx

Post by phuedx » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:25 am

Hullo, my name is Samuel Smith (Sam/phuedx). I graduated from the University of Warwick, England with a Master of Physics degree. I spent a year and a half at a bespoke software development company in Poole, working with C#/C++/VBA (I'm not proud of the latter...), and additionally helping out with systems administration. I now work as a web developer for a small internet startup, and am hoping to move in to the game development sector, where I can use more of my degree!

I enjoy reading physics/mathematics textbooks and papers, as well as contemporary philosophy. In my free time I tinker with web/Mac development, and read with my wife in our lounge.

So here I am!
Last edited by phuedx on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Writer

Post by Brian » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:55 am

welcome, Samuel :)
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.
chehob

Post by chehob » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:39 am

Hey there, my name is Anton "chehob" Rizaev. I am 23 y/o, currently residing in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
My occupation is senior software engineer in a small outsourcing company. Primary skills are C++/C# programming (Qt/.NET), SQL, networking, have few encounters with web-programming/design (xHTML/CSS/PHP). Also, I'm keen on game programming - have been learning XNA, SDL, OGRE for some time, however I have nothing to show you, so basically I'm here to gather experience on game development and to see what it takes to be a game programmer.
In my free time I enjoy listening music, reading stuff, watching anime and of course playing games. I think that is the most important thing for an every game developer - to spend some time playing great games.