A 10 Year Review of Allacrost -- Discussion

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

A 10 Year Review of Allacrost -- Discussion

Postby Roots » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:21 pm

----------

Here you can discuss the series of posts on the main site that tell the story of Allacrost's past 10 years of development. Ask questions, share your thoughts, whatever you want to talk about. I'll be happy to divulge more detail about something in particular you were wondering about if I can. I'll update the top post in this thread with links to each post on the website as they are made available
Roots
Dictator

Re: A 10 Year Review of Allacrost -- Discussion

Postby Roots » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:19 am

A couple notes:

The first several entries of this series are going to contain very short periods of time (one or two months) because a lot more was happening during those periods. Later entries will cover much larger timespans.

I'm going to be including images in these posts of old artwork, screenshots, etc. that I find to help keep the posts more visually interesting and break up the big walls of text. Eventually I may link to youtube videos of older demo gameplay, etc. as well.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:07 am

FYI, these take me a really long time to write because I'm going back through old forum discussions and reading them to recall the events of what happened here so many years ago. That's part of the reason why I didn't write a post last week. I hadn't even gotten half way done writing it, and I wanted to spend my Allacrost time that weekend writing code instead of writing history. I was originally planning to write a new post every week, but considering how much time it takes to produce them, I may skip every third week or every other week depending on what else I've got going on.

It is almost embarrassing for me to read some of these old discussions though, because I realize now how young, ignorant, and naive I was about the gravity of this project. Ah, it was so nice to be young, excited, and utterly stupid. :heh:
Brian Aloisi
Writer

Postby Brian Aloisi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:42 am

Welcome back :D
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:09 am

Thanks. I'm glad to know that some people who work on this project still check it occasionally to see if anything is happening. :)

Added the fourth post to this series tonight. I know that it seems like we aren't going anywhere (still stuck around in the events of summer 2004), but we'll get out of there eventually. A lot of things happened with Allacrost in the first three months, and I feel its important to thoroughly chronicle what happened, what decisions were made, and why. Mostly so that in future posts, I can explain why we changed one aspect or another. Once we get out of the 2004 era, posts should start moving along much more rapidly.

Return to “General Chat”