Claymore

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Claymore

Postby Roots » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:16 am

Its not very often when I discover a new anime/manga series that totally captivates me, but Claymore is pretty damn awesome and I wanted to share it with those of you who are interested.

Synopsis:

Its a dark fantasy setting. Monsters (called Yoma) roam the world devouring human organs. They can assume the form of humans that they kill and hide amongst them, feeding off the town daily. There exists a group of women called "Claymores", which are half-human, half-yoma that can detect Yoma even when they are in human form. The Claymores draw upon their Yoma powers in battle to defeat their enemies, but using too much Yoma power causes them to be unable to stop the flow of power (called their "awakening"), eventually turning them into Yoma themselves unless they kill themselves before they lose the remnants of their human consciousness. The story follows one young Claymore named Claire, as she travels from town to town dispensing of the Yoma and saving the townspeople (for a price of course). As the story progresses, Claire and her comrades-in-arms learn more of the truth behind their organization and their own powers, as they become tangled in a delicate balance of power between the organization, the armies of Yoma, and themselves.

I really, really like the story. Great character development, great dialgoue, intriguing and distinct characters, and some bad ass fighting scenes with hot chicks. It is sweet :cool: The anime is unlicensed so you can find torrents somewhere I'm sure (or look on http://www.veoh.com, they have entire series uploaded there if you want to stream it instead of wait for the torrent to complete). The manga is licensed, but I found a link to where you can read it (translated) online: http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymore_(manga)

I've watched 22 episodes of the anime so far and am up to volume 3 in the manga. This is the kind of stuff that inspires me to create the world of Allacrost. :D
gorzuate
Developer

Postby gorzuate » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:54 am

You know you are only decreasing the productivity of your team by telling us about this. ;)

Thanks though! It looks cool :D
ChopperDave
Developer

Postby ChopperDave » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:14 am

Meh. Just saw the first episode. Standard demon slayer stuff. I certainly hope it gets more complex and interesting than that.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:28 am

ChopperDave wrote:Meh. Just saw the first episode. Standard demon slayer stuff. I certainly hope it gets more complex and interesting than that.

Trust me, it does. In fact, I think it continues to get better and better each episode. Lately I'm watching these episodes on the edge of my seat :D
hamiko
Former Staff

Postby hamiko » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:29 pm

Ah! I just started watching this myself :approve:

gotta love Claire
Just Taking it Easy.
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:59 am

I hope they finally beat Naraku in this series. That'd be sweet. :heh:

:axe: (bad joke, I know, bad joke)

I'm gonna wait on the non-snarky reviews until I've actually seen enough to judge rightly.
Jetryl
Artist

Re: Claymore

Postby Jetryl » Fri May 09, 2008 5:44 am

Many chapters later, they finally get to ... an interesting plot twist (or really; revealing the plot, proper). I gotta hand it to the author for keeping such a false front up as long as he did (since it'd be reasonable to fear that readers might get bored and drop the series). It's a nice move from "redundant slaughter of antagonistic extras" to "actual plot".

Also, I believe the following is topical:
http://www.angryflower.com/ihavea.gif
gorzuate
Developer

Re: Claymore

Postby gorzuate » Fri May 09, 2008 7:40 pm

Guess I should read the manga...

Return to “General Chat”