Article on intellectual property for games

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Article on intellectual property for games

Post by Roots » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:11 pm

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums ... _id=442165

I recently volunteered myself to write an article that covers the basic need-to-know information about IP law for budding game developers (mostly because I'm so sick and tired of seeing so many new projects which blatantly infringe on another's work). It will take a little of my Allacrost time away, but its something different for me to do anyway, and plus I wanted to review my knowledge of IP law. :)
ChopperDave
Developer

Post by ChopperDave » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:48 pm

Try also writing an article on the items that should be considered before attempting to make an MMO. I'm tired of all these idiots in the Help Wanted section who show up with only ideas and no tangible work to speak of, and no idea what kind of work is required to make one.
It will take a little of my Allacrost time away, but its something different for me to do anyway, and plus I wanted to review my knowledge of IP law
With the amount of stuff you've done for Allacrost in the past few weeks, no one is in a position to complain. I'm assuming you'll be doing this after the demo is released?
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:36 am

Why don't you write the article then. :rolleyes: One article is enough for me, and although I think a MMO-article would do the community some good, I don't feel as compelled to write it myself.

I'm writing the IP article starting today (wrote the first draft for page 1 of 6) and will be doing it here and there over the course of the next week or two. I'm not waiting until after the demo release, because we can't quite be sure of when that will be (hopefully soon though). :)