Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Will this project require 3D accelleration?

Got something to say that doesn't fit anywhere else? It goes here

Moderator: Staff

Will this project require 3D accelleration?

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:22 pm

Hello,

Main reason for me asking this is that i just cant get the damn ATI driver working.

Fedora Core 6 supports basic 3D.. will that be enough?
MindFlayer
Developer

Post by MindFlayer » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:31 pm

Currently, all of the rendering is done via OpenGL. Practically it means that you have to have 3D acceleration enabled to get any decent frame-rates.

I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Maybe someone more experienced Linux user could help you out.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:29 pm

You can run Allacrost with a software renderer of the OpenGL library, so technically it doesn't require you to have a 3D card. However, the software accelerated version of OpenGL is very very slow, so Allacrost would be barely playable. If I were you, I'd keep struggling with those ATI drivers. I know its a pain in the ass, but I got the ATI drivers installed on Debian back in 2004, and I know that the drivers have gotten better since then.

Or even better, sell your ATI card on e-Bay and pick up a decent nVidia card. :D