Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

Interesting Article

Share your own game ideas, inform the community about your own works in progress, or appraise of other yet-to-be released games.

Moderator: Staff

Jetryl
Artist

Interesting Article

Post by Jetryl » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:20 pm

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/co ... ustry.html

A "What do I do to get into the commercial game industry?" tutorial aimed at artists, written by several folks over at polycount. It's a good article, from people who've been in the industry. Very informative.

:disapprove: However, things like this make me want to take a great big douche all over the commercial games industry. That industry is almost as screwed-up as the RIAA. The existence of things like "publishers" is such a vestige of an age gone by - the internet should have killed them off a long time ago. But, nope, they're still here, wasting money on cardboard, shrink-wrapped boxes and advertising. And printed manuals, no less...

:( What a fucking sham.
Sylon
Artist

Post by Sylon » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:14 pm

I'm not bothering to read it. My plans have now switched from "working for a corporation" to "working for myself".

Yeah commercial games industries are sucking. I like the good old humble days of the NES RPG companies, as uncorrupted as they are today.
-[Sylon Shanings]-, A Servant of Allacrost.
I owe my allegiance to Roots and only Roots! Hail to the dictator!

"DAD GUMMIT I NEEDA GET MY TORUS DOWN." - Sylon's art jabber