Interesting Article

Share your own game ideas, inform the community about your own works in progress, or appraise of other yet-to-be released games.

Moderator: Staff

Jetryl
Artist

Interesting Article

Post by Jetryl » Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:20 am

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/co ... ustry.html

A "What do I do to get into the commercial game industry?" tutorial aimed at artists, written by several folks over at polycount. It's a good article, from people who've been in the industry. Very informative.

:disapprove: However, things like this make me want to take a great big douche all over the commercial games industry. That industry is almost as screwed-up as the RIAA. The existence of things like "publishers" is such a vestige of an age gone by - the internet should have killed them off a long time ago. But, nope, they're still here, wasting money on cardboard, shrink-wrapped boxes and advertising. And printed manuals, no less...

:( What a fucking sham.
Sylon
Artist

Post by Sylon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:14 am

I'm not bothering to read it. My plans have now switched from "working for a corporation" to "working for myself".

Yeah commercial games industries are sucking. I like the good old humble days of the NES RPG companies, as uncorrupted as they are today.
-[Sylon Shanings]-, A Servant of Allacrost.
I owe my allegiance to Roots and only Roots! Hail to the dictator!

"DAD GUMMIT I NEEDA GET MY TORUS DOWN." - Sylon's art jabber