Stars' Empire - join the free online strategy

Share your own game ideas, inform the community about your own works in progress, or appraise of other yet-to-be released games.

Moderator: Staff

LonelyK

Postby LonelyK » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:45 am

Welcome to our new online space strategy game for those passionate of fantasy and stars.
You can become a great trader, a famous warrior, or a notorious diplomat, well-known for your cruelty or generosity, a pirate, or a Hero who defends those weak and oppressed. But most of all you may become the GREAT EMPEROR and legends and songs will be composed in your honor …
You have a chance if you only dare. You just have to make one little step to the outer space, a step to Stars' Empire! -
http://www.stars-empire.com/
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:58 am

I'm moving this to game developers since it seems more appropriate. I'm really tempted to treat this as spam and delete it, since it's nothing more than an advertisement and says absolutely nothing about your game. :rolleyes: Next time you want to make a post like this, sound a little more like a person and less like a robot. :eyebrow:
Delta445

Postby Delta445 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:08 pm

Yeap... I took a look at your game and it seemed to be quite interesting. I even started to play myself.
Wanna join us?
Rain
Musician

Postby Rain » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:32 pm

Delta445 wrote:I even started to play w/ myself.
Wanna join us?

No thank you.

...deletion please.
'When Zeon lost his powers, he fell to Earth, and created a giant crator where he hit. His moan destroyed the mountains and the crater was buried by the debris.'

(of Zeon)

Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:39 am

Idea for roots:

Give all the staff mod powers over the entire forum.

Wesnoth used to have each thing segregated into each person's area-of-focus, but then we realized that it was too much work for single people to take care of.

The reason this is a good idea is because a good 50% or more of the moderation jobs do not require special expertise. If someone spams the art forum - ANY staff member - the first who sees it, not just the art director, can delete it. A great majority of the spam on wesnoth - I never even see; it gets deleted so fast.

What we even did was (and this is something NOT to be done at allacrost for some time) allowed some of the forum regulars (a specified phpbb usergroup) to moderate some of the public forums for us. If they care enough to sit around on our forums all the time, chances are, they don't like seeing spam any more than we do. We have also had precisely zero abuses of this power, because every knows we don't screw around with people pulling petty BS.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:10 am

I probably will delegate more mod powers on the forums to staff members, but not until its needed. Right now the forum is relatively low-traffic (especially if you don't consider the hidden staff forums). If we ever get as popular as Wesnoth is though, then yeah, I'll probably go right ahead and do what you just suggested. But right now, I don't see any real need to do so.
Loodwig
Musician

Postby Loodwig » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:14 am

Rain wrote:
Delta445 wrote:I even started to play w/ myself.
Wanna join us?

No thank you.

OMFG... I'm not sure if this is spam or sexual harassment.
/me suddenly has memories of the Undernet and college.
"We want a simpler and more melodic style for music, a simple, less complicated emotional state, and dissonance again relegated to its proper place as one element of music..."
~Sergei Prokofiev

Return to “Other Game Development”