Spore

Share your own game ideas, inform the community about your own works in progress, or appraise of other yet-to-be released games.

Moderator: Staff

Roots
Dictator

Spore

Postby Roots » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:02 am

Check out this game concept. It's so massive that it's totally baffling. The game is called Spore and I believe it's being produced by Maxis (the company that created SimCity). Basically you can start from single-celled organisms and evolve them (in a totally customizeable way) up until you have societies, cities, worlds, and you can colonize other worlds. It's just totally insane. :eyespin:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0420559198
Jetryl
Artist

Postby Jetryl » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:57 am

:twitch: Holey shit! That's pretty incredible.
Ranger M

Postby Ranger M » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:06 pm

:twitch: :eyespin:

I suddenly want to buy this when it comes out, but judging by the options for the video download it's only going to work on windows & Mac (and probably not on the xbox 360) which means I will never be able to play it :cry:
visage
Former Staff

Postby visage » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:17 pm

Ppssshhh. Thats so....a few months ago (GDC 2005??)
Anyway, looks really cool, but maintains the same feel as "the sims", where it really isn't so much of a game. Will Wright has some great ideas and technical prowess, but he is much more interested in making world building toys than games. Then again, people loved the Sims. This may have the same potential (and is technologically astounding. I mean...adapting textures and meshes/bone structure based on player design? That is freaking awesome.)
eleazar

Postby eleazar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:24 pm

I yearn for this to come out.
To be able to design all those warped creatures and see them walk/crawl/slither around is enough to get me to buy the game even if the rest of it rots.
kepler

Re: Spore

Postby kepler » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:39 am

I remember one of first versions of this game and it was incredible. Now I see that this part is amazing! :axe:
Hi

Return to “Other Game Development”