Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

No such file or directory, compiling problem

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

wanderinggiraffe

No such file or directory, compiling problem

Post by wanderinggiraffe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:35 am

Hello Allacrost forum, I have been (in vain) trying to get Allacrost running on my Ubuntu 11.04 system.
I finally got it to configure properly but when I try to compile it by entering the command "sudo make" it spits out this error. I realize that this could probably be easily solved but I just do not know how

I am in the final stages of giving up on this game, please help.

stuart@giraffe:~/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2$ sudo make
[sudo] password for stuart:
make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/stuart/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2'
Making all in txt
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/stuart/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2/txt'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stuart/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2/txt'
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/stuart/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2'
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/AL -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -I./src/luabind -I./src/luabind/luabind -I./src/luabind/luabind/detail -I./src/luabind/src -I./src -I./src/engine -I./src/engine/audio -I./src/engine/video -I./src/engine/script -I./src/global -I./src/common -I./src/common/global -I./src/common/gui -I./src/modes -I./src/modes/battle -I./src/modes/boot -I./src/modes/map -I./src/modes/menu -I./src/modes/save -I./src/modes/shop -DDATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/games/allacrost\" -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/games/allacrost/txt\" -DPACKAGE=\"allacrost\" -I/usr/X11R6/include -Wall -O3 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL -I/usr/include/qt4/Qt3Support -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT3_SUPPORT -DQT_SHARED -Wall -O3 -MT main.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/main.Tpo -c -o main.o `test -f 'src/main.cpp' || echo './'`src/main.cpp
In file included from src/main.cpp:38:0:
src/utils.h:80:17: fatal error: al.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stuart/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stuart/Desktop/allacrost-1.0.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Roots
Dictator

Re: No such file or directory, compiling problem

Post by Roots » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:54 pm

First of all, I deeply apologize that no one ever got around to answering your question. We all took an extended break from the project and your forum post was never approved by any of the forum moderators until just now, as I was catching up on all the new posts that I've missed since I've been away.

It's probably too late now, but I'm pretty sure that your problem was that you did not have the OpenAL audio library installed on your system. al.h is a header file from that library. If you did have it installed, it either was a non-standard or broken installation. Our build system should have detected that the OpenAL library was missing, but if it missed it then I guess there's a bug we have to fix in our build system.