Dialog from first person to third person to first person

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

shirish

Dialog from first person to third person to first person

Postby shirish » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi all,
There had been a feeling of feeling something amiss whenever I try to play a new game.

The first scene where you see the hero and the soldiers going to the cave. The hero/commentor talks about Muaui tribe and the Harvarrs tribe (do not know where the actual dialog is in file otherwise would have copied and quoted it) that dialog feels a bit confusing. I do not get whether he's talking in the first person or the third person in the entire thing as he sometimes says they, we whatever. It is also confusing whether the soldiers are from Muaui tribe or from the Harvarrs units.

Something is wrong there. If somebody can tell me of the file where the whole conversation is, could list what I felt wrong about it.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
Roots
Dictator

Re: Dialog from first person to third person to first person

Postby Roots » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:14 pm

That dialogue is currently a placeholder. Its going to be completely rewritten when we get the time to address it. A few of us have already talked about this previously (on IRC I think) and I think we're pretty much agreed on removing any reference to the Muabi to avoid confusing the player.

The dialog may be found in dat/maps/opening_scene.lua.
shirish

Re: Dialog from first person to third person to first person

Postby shirish » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:34 am

oh ok, got it. This is the dialog though (for reference) :-

The Harrvah Knights, though powerful in their great city of stone, were powerless in the might of the desert. The desert was the land of the Muabi tribe, my tribe. Out here, a squad of troops such as this was no match for even a small group of Muabi.

and then it goes on even stranger :-

"I knew where they were headed. We had seen that their water supply had been blocked, but such problems were not Muabi problems. The outsiders had built their grand city away from the water, because they could not tame the creatures there."

Both these dialogues I am guessing would be changed so its something more coherent.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,

Return to “Technical Issues”