unlimited drunes after victory

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

shirish

unlimited drunes after victory

Postby shirish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi all,
At a specific place which I will post at the bottom, you fight and after winning you get unlimited drunes.

This is the snapshot of the unlimited drunes

image 1

This is the place where it happens :-

It does not happen here everytime, but every few times, yes, in fact happened over 5-6 times here. Dunno if its a bug or what.

Note:- I am using imagehosting.nu as I do not have to register there at all. So these pictures may be there for sometime and then gone, no guarantees.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
Roots
Dictator

Re: unlimited drunes after victory

Postby Roots » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:47 pm

Yeah we're aware of that bug, and knew that it was there even before the release. It just wasn't a critical issue to fix since you can't use your drunes for anything in the game yet (there's no shop). Its one of the issues that we're addressing right now.
krazyfencer

Postby krazyfencer » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:30 am

I just ran into this myself. I don't know if you want it, but I've got a patch attached that should fix it. Basically the _drunes_dropped goes negative in modes/battle/battle_finish.cpp (around line 703).
Attachments
battle_finish_negative_drunes.txt
(460 Bytes) Downloaded 139 times
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Cool, thanks for the patch! Yeah, the underlying cause for this problem is that I used static variables in the methods that count out XP and drunes, thinking that those variables would be re-initialized for every instance of the class that those methods reside in. This of course is not correct, and I'm not sure why I thought that way. So what really needs to be done is that those static variables need to be replaced with class members and then I think the root of the problem will be fixed (I didn't make them members to begin with because I realized that those variables would only be needed in a single method, and I didn't want to clutter up the class with more members than necessary).

Return to “Technical Issues”