Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

gaebril

LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

Post by gaebril » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:39 am

I am trying to compile allacrost on Cygwin and I run into the same compiler error that was encountered on the Debian build.

The Error:

Code: Select all

/usr/include/luabind/detail/call.hpp: In static member function `static int luabind::detail::returns<void>::call(void (C::*)(A0, A1), WrappedClass*, lua_State*, Policies*) [with C = const hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, WrappedClass = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type, A0 = uint16&, A1 = float&]':
/usr/include/luabind/detail/call.hpp:420:   instantiated from `int luabind::detail::call(R (T::*)(A0, A1) const, WrappedClass*, lua_State*, const Policies*) [with T = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, WrappedClass = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type, R = void, A0 = uint16&, A1 = float&]'
/usr/include/luabind/class.hpp:210:   instantiated from `int luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<Fn, Class, Policies>::operator()(lua_State*) const [with Fn = void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, Class = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:134:   instantiated from `static R boost::detail::function::function_obj_invoker1<FunctionObj, R, T0>::invoke(boost::detail::function::function_buffer&, T0) [with FunctionObj = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:368:   instantiated from `void boost::detail::function::basic_vtable1<R, T0, Allocator>::init(FunctionObj, boost::detail::function::function_obj_tag) [with FunctionObj = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:298:   instantiated from `void boost::detail::function::basic_vtable1<R, T0, Allocator>::init(F) [with F = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:277:   instantiated from `boost::detail::function::basic_vtable1<R, T0, Allocator>::basic_vtable1(F) [with F = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:655:   instantiated from `void boost::function1<R, T0, Allocator>::assign_to(Functor) [with Functor = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/boost/function/function_template.hpp:513:   instantiated from `boost::function1<R, T0, Allocator>::function1(Functor, typename boost::enable_if_c< boost::type_traits::ice_not< boost::is_integral<Functor>::value>::value, int>::type) [with Functor = luabind::detail::mem_fn_callback<void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, luabind::detail::null_type>, R = int, T0 = lua_State*, Allocator = std::allocator<boost::function_base>]'
/usr/include/luabind/class.hpp:1218:   instantiated from `luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>& luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>::virtual_def(const char*, const F&, const Policies&, luabind::detail::null_type, mpl_::true_) [with F = void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, Policies = luabind::detail::null_type, T = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, X1 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X2 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X3 = luabind::detail::unspecified]'
/usr/include/luabind/class.hpp:866:   instantiated from `luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>& luabind::class_<T, X1, X2, X3>::def(const char*, F) [with F = void (hoa_map::private_map::MapObject::*)(uint16&, float&) const, T = hoa_map::private_map::MapObject, X1 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X2 = luabind::detail::unspecified, X3 = luabind::detail::unspecified]'
src/defs.cpp:479:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/luabind/detail/call.hpp:278: error: no matching function for call to `luabind::detail::pointer_converter<luabind::detail::lua_to_cpp>::apply(lua_State*&, luabind::detail::by_const_pointer<hoa_map::private_map::MapObject>, int)'
make[1]: *** [defs.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/Games/allacrost/allacrost-0.2.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2
The fix for the Debian build really wont work for me since I have none of the dpkg functionality in cygwin. As a side note I am trying to compile using GCC 3.4.4. I have boost version 1.34.1, lua version 5.0.2, and the luabind 0.7.

Has anybody been able to fix this error outside of Debian? Or do I have to start compiling it in VisStudio?
Roots
Dictator

Re: LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

Post by Roots » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Are you trying to compile Luabind from source on cygwin, or using a pre-built Luabind library for it? If your answer is the former, I don't think there's much we can do to help you there. You might want to try posting on the Luabind mailing list about your problem. It doesn't look like its a problem with our code, but I've never tried compiling Allacrost or Luabind on Cygwin so I have no idea if that even works. :shrug:
gaebril

Re: LuaBind issue with SVN allacrost on Cygwin

Post by gaebril » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:30 pm

I am compiling luabind and boost from source. I was more or less just playing around with it, and I know for sure it is not a problem in any of the allacrost code. I will just switch to full on windows and use the precompiled libs and compile allacrost in VS. I was just wondering if anybody else had tried to compile on cygwin and had run into the same issue.

Thanks,
-Chuck