Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

OpenGL not found (ATI fglrx/catalyst) [SOLVED]

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

rujasu
Developer

OpenGL not found (ATI fglrx/catalyst) [SOLVED]

Post by rujasu » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:03 am

Searched "fglrx" and found only this thread, which is only semi-relevant.

http://www.allacrost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1782

Anyway, I've switched my desktop over from an eVGA GeForce FX 5200 PCI (crap) to a VisionTek Radeon HD 2400 PRO AGP (newer crap). Surprisingly, the switch was only semi-painful, and using the proprietary ATI Catalyst (actually fglrx) drivers, I have hardware acceleration up and running.

The bad news?

SVN update, make distclean, autoreconf -i, configure.

At the end of the output:

checking for glGetString in -lGL... no
configure: error: OpenGL not found

WTF?

To be clear, libgl1-mesa-dev is installed, as is libglu1-mesa-dev, and basically the same system/software that ran Allacrost before. The issue could be related to the ATI driver. There doesn't seem to be a gl-dev library specifically for fglrx though. I can look for workarounds tomorrow, but if anyone has any other ideas, they would be appreciated.
gorzuate
Developer

Post by gorzuate » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:01 pm

I have an ATI card using the fglrx drivers as well... when I get home tonight I can look at my setup and let you know what it looks like...
gorzuate
Developer

Post by gorzuate » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:38 am

Well, I have libGL.so in /usr/lib and it's a symlink to /usr/lib/opengl/ati/lib/libGL.so.

I also have /usr/lib/libGL.la and /usr/lib/libGLU.la as regular files, and /usr/lib/libGLU.so as a symlink to /usr/lib/libGLU.so.1.

Dunno if that'll help...
gorzuate
Developer

Re: OpenGL not found (ATI fglrx/catalyst)

Post by gorzuate » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:39 am

If this has been solved (I think you said it had been, rujasu) it would be nice if you could post here what you did to fix it.
rujasu
Developer

Re: OpenGL not found (ATI fglrx/catalyst)

Post by rujasu » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Well, honestly, I re-installed a few GL libraries via Debian packaging and it worked fine.

I think it had to do with going from nVidia -> ATI... may have wiped out some GL libs that just needed to be replaced. Don't know for sure though. In general, though, I'd say if anyone else is having similar problems, try re-installing OpenGL libs.