Ettin’s deb packages of the 0.2.1 demo (svn 1227) [SOLVED]

For those having trouble installing/running the game or to report a bug

Moderator: Staff

kess

Ettin’s deb packages of the 0.2.1 demo (svn 1227) [SOLVED]

Postby kess » Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:39 pm

First, again thanks for the packages ettin. :)

Though, I wonder two things.

1) Could somebody please compile this tech demo against an earlier libc chain? :angel:
I have (X)Ubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy” with libc6 2.6.1 (this package requires 2.7.1).

2) The allacrost-data package depends on linux-libertine. Is it possible for me to somehow work around that dependency, as I already have it manually installed (as OTF, not TTF). Of course I can install the default Ubuntu package of the font, but if possible I would rather not, in this very case. :huh:
ettin

Re: Ettin’s deb packages of the 0.2.1 demo (svn 1227)

Postby ettin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:17 pm

kess wrote:1) Could somebody please compile this tech demo against an earlier libc chain? :angel:
I have (X)Ubuntu 7.10 “Gutsy” with libc6 2.6.1 (this package requires 2.7.1).

I just built the allacrost package for Ubuntu Gutsy, but I don't have an Ubuntu box to test, so please let me know if it works fine.

kess wrote:2) The allacrost-data package depends on linux-libertine. Is it possible for me to somehow work around that dependency, as I already have it manually installed (as OTF, not TTF). Of course I can install the default Ubuntu package of the font, but if possible I would rather not, in this very case. :huh:

I'm afraid that's not an option. How did you install it? You can probably keep both versions... but there is no way for the package manager to know if you have installed something else manually.
kess

Postby kess » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:02 pm

(I installed the default linux-libertine dependency.)

Installation of the new packages works like a charm. No problems.

Trying to run the game, I get:

Code: Select all

EXCEPTION:src/main.cpp:InitializeEngine:266: Failed to load the 'Libertine' font as 'title, size 24'

With debug option:

WARNING:src/engine/video/text.cpp:LoadFont:509: call to TTF_OpenFont() failed to load the font file: img/fonts/libertine.ttf
EXCEPTION:src/main.cpp:InitializeEngine:266: Failed to load the 'Libertine' font as 'title, size 24'
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:20 pm

We hadn't written the code to check for the system available libertine font. It only checks if the font exists in Allacrost's img/fonts directory, and since this file is included in the distribution of demo 0.2.1 I don't see why it would give you that error unless the file wasn't there :|
kess

Postby kess » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:33 pm

*thinking*

Checking the font location specified in the warning message above:

$ ls -l /usr/share/games/allacrost/img/fonts/
totalt 8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 60 2007-12-20 21:40 junicode_regular.ttf -> ../../../../fonts/truetype/ttf-junicode/Junicode-Regular.ttf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 70 2007-12-20 21:40 libertine.ttf -> ../../../../fonts/truetype/linux-libertine/LinLibertine_Re-2.6.9RO.ttf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 2007-12-20 21:40 tarnhalo.ttf -> ../../../../fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf

Only the libertine.ttf link is broken.

Checking the link location... Ah. Different versions. What I have:

$ ls ../../../../fonts/truetype/linux-libertine/LinLibertine_Re-*RO.ttf
../../../../fonts/truetype/linux-libertine/LinLibertine_Re-2.5.9.4RO.ttf

Changing the symlink to the right version makes the game run. :D

Thanks for the packages, and sorry for my hasty post above.
ettin

Postby ettin » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:37 pm

kess wrote:*thinking*

Checking the font location specified in the warning message above:

$ ls -l /usr/share/games/allacrost/img/fonts/
totalt 8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 60 2007-12-20 21:40 junicode_regular.ttf -> ../../../../fonts/truetype/ttf-junicode/Junicode-Regular.ttf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 70 2007-12-20 21:40 libertine.ttf -> ../../../../fonts/truetype/linux-libertine/LinLibertine_Re-2.6.9RO.ttf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 56 2007-12-20 21:40 tarnhalo.ttf -> ../../../../fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSansMono.ttf

Only the libertine.ttf link is broken.

Checking the link location... Ah. Different versions. What I have:

$ ls ../../../../fonts/truetype/linux-libertine/LinLibertine_Re-*RO.ttf
../../../../fonts/truetype/linux-libertine/LinLibertine_Re-2.5.9.4RO.ttf

Changing the symlink to the right version makes the game run. :D

Thanks for the packages, and sorry for my hasty post above.

OK, I uploaded a new version for Ubuntu Gutsy which links to LinLibertine_Re-2.5.9.4RO.ttf. Note that this issue has been fixed in the Debian package, so it shouldn't be a problem for future releases (see http://bugs.debian.org/457879).

Return to “Technical Issues”