The release will include two maps: the opening scene and the cave map. The Harrvah city map(s) will likely not be ready by then, so I'm assuming that we're leaving them out of this release. Both maps will be completely playable from beginning to end. Battles will be completely functional. Menu mode will remain in the state that its been in for a long time. There will be no shops, so we don't have to address anything in shop mode. This release will "end" with the boss fight in the cave.
Here's a list of things we absolutely need to have for the release that we don't have currently:
- The final event sequences for the cave boss fight need to be added
- Fixed/improved pathfinding code
- The goliath scorpion boss needs to have its data properties defined so that it can be fought
- The finish menus in battle mode need to be minimally functional (XP added to the character party, etc)
Here's a list of additional things that would be nice to have, but are not required:
- Placeholder art (tiles, status indicator icons) replaced with some better looking art
- Ability to save the game and continue (need to add ability to have map save points?)
- Sprite for Mak hound
- Various improvements to battle gameplay, generally animations, sequences, and not stopping the action when player selects a command
Seems easy enough, doesn't it?