I just remembered something...

Got a great idea for HoA or wish to discuss a current feature? Let us know about it!

Moderator: Staff

Burnsaber

I just remembered something...

Postby Burnsaber » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:25 am

I just remembered somthing as i was making a small rant on the "Desing" thread. Wild Arms 3, (a RPG on PS2), had a very intresting take on the RND battle special situations. You know, the ambushes and so on.

If you got ambushed by monsters in that game, the game randomly chose a character in your group. That character had to fight the monsters alone for two rounds, waiting for the rest of the party. Nothing could have waken you better from the "i-kill-Rnd-monsters-with-button-smashing-stance" than having your party mage trying to stay alive for two rounds, waiting for the cavalry to arrive. It was shocking that sometimes i had to be defensive against RND-monsters.

...So that's about it.
I'm the 50th person who joined on these forums! I'm special!
visage
Former Staff

Postby visage » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:19 pm

Thats a cool idea... :approve:

Definitely unique, and keeps the player on their toes. Though, I might just find it annoying...I dunno.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:03 am

I like it because its different, but I'd have to actually see it in game before I could give a definite :approve: or :disapprove:. yet another item to add to the ideas list. :eyespin:

Return to “Ideas and Game Features”