An actual start?

Discuss the story of the game and share your thoughts here

Moderator: Staff

Bertram

An actual start?

Post by Bertram » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 am

Hi,

IMHO, what is truly lacking about Allacrost is a strong attempt at starting its real story, while getting rid of the design and programming bugs along the way.

If even not perfect, I think the engine is ready for that.

What do you think everyone?

My best regards.
nicknameminivan

Re: An actual start?

Post by nicknameminivan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:06 am

you have a new PM
Brian
Writer

Post by Brian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 pm

I agree.
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.
Bertram

Post by Bertram » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 am

Hi

@nicknameminivan
Sorry, I don't have the time to get involved in another project, especially such a young one.

@Brian.
My first question would be: Where can we find the story plot? (at least the beginning?)

My best regards.
nicknameminivan

Post by nicknameminivan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 am

no problem
EmreBFG
Team Manager

Post by EmreBFG » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Bertram wrote: @Brian.
My first question would be: Where can we find the story plot? (at least the beginning?)
You can find the story as it is so far here: http://allacrost.org/multimedia/story

Roots may have updated it since then but you'd have to ask him.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 pm

I have a general idea of where I want the story to go and the major events involved, but I don't like that sort of top-down approach to creating a world. I much prefer the way Allacrost originally began and continues to grow. When I write the story, what I literally do is sit down and start writing. I just "go", without much of any plan at all. I do have a general idea of where to go with each chapter, but as I write it sometimes those original ideas change completely. Its not the best writing method for having a plan to create an epic story, but it is the best in so far as allowing me to express the greatest degree of creativity that I can, which is what is most important in writing a fantasy novel I feel.

I've heard repeated cries from people both inside and outside this team to produce some sort of plot summary, which I believe I sort of did over a year ago (its shared internally with the team, don't want spoilers here! :heh:). But people still weren't satisfied with the minimal amount of detail I outlined there. So I don't know, maybe I should just sit down and write a few chapters so people (including myself) have a better idea of the world of Allacrost and the general direction of the plot. :shrug: