Hello, we apologize but forum registrations are non-functional at this time. This issue should be fixed around mid-December. Until then, please stop by our Discord channel if you'd like to get in touch with the team. Thanks!

An actual start?

Discuss the story of the game and share your thoughts here

Moderator: Staff

Bertram

An actual start?

Post by Bertram » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:49 am

Hi,

IMHO, what is truly lacking about Allacrost is a strong attempt at starting its real story, while getting rid of the design and programming bugs along the way.

If even not perfect, I think the engine is ready for that.

What do you think everyone?

My best regards.
nicknameminivan

Re: An actual start?

Post by nicknameminivan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:06 am

you have a new PM
Brian
Writer

Post by Brian » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 pm

I agree.
A book must be an ice-axe to break the seas frozen inside our soul.
Bertram

Post by Bertram » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 am

Hi

@nicknameminivan
Sorry, I don't have the time to get involved in another project, especially such a young one.

@Brian.
My first question would be: Where can we find the story plot? (at least the beginning?)

My best regards.
nicknameminivan

Post by nicknameminivan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:19 am

no problem
EmreBFG
Team Manager

Post by EmreBFG » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:22 pm

Bertram wrote: @Brian.
My first question would be: Where can we find the story plot? (at least the beginning?)
You can find the story as it is so far here: http://allacrost.org/multimedia/story

Roots may have updated it since then but you'd have to ask him.
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:15 pm

I have a general idea of where I want the story to go and the major events involved, but I don't like that sort of top-down approach to creating a world. I much prefer the way Allacrost originally began and continues to grow. When I write the story, what I literally do is sit down and start writing. I just "go", without much of any plan at all. I do have a general idea of where to go with each chapter, but as I write it sometimes those original ideas change completely. Its not the best writing method for having a plan to create an epic story, but it is the best in so far as allowing me to express the greatest degree of creativity that I can, which is what is most important in writing a fantasy novel I feel.

I've heard repeated cries from people both inside and outside this team to produce some sort of plot summary, which I believe I sort of did over a year ago (its shared internally with the team, don't want spoilers here! :heh:). But people still weren't satisfied with the minimal amount of detail I outlined there. So I don't know, maybe I should just sit down and write a few chapters so people (including myself) have a better idea of the world of Allacrost and the general direction of the plot. :shrug: