Some queries

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

shirish

Some queries

Post by shirish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi all,
Some queries :-

a. I found the 'f' to confirm a bit uncomfortable/insane but can live with it, hopefully somewhere in the future this could be user-definable.

b. I know this is a demo, but what are drunes? Are they like money/currency or something else ?

c. I see people having bubbles on their head but cannot find a way to initiate the conversation/instruction whatever.

d. There does not seem to be a way to get more detailed stats. We have four heroes and in the inventory when I go to the Status column, I just see Lukas's experience level and other stats. I want/ed to figure out other people's stats as well but cannot get it work (or maybe its there its just not discoverable) . I tried using the TAB key as well as the ' f ' key but nothing works/ed .

e. The taking screenshot does not work, I use my CTRL keys quite a lot in day to day as well as the ' s ' key so it should not be an issue at my end.

f. Its possible I may check out the svn repo. I am confused a bit though as to where a user should be looking to track changes and download new svn versions . The trunk or the branch ? I ask as this snapshot is supposed to be from a branch . I don't know much but trunk is supposed to be unstable/broken most of the time while branches are supposed to be more stabler apparently. Of course, sometimes people make branches to try out some stuff and at some point merge the changes with the trunk as well, so everybody has their own way/take.

What would you suggest, and if branch then address of the branch. The trunk apparently lies at :-

Code: Select all

svn co https://allacrost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/allacrost/trunk allacrost-svntrunk

Just added what I would put in case I do check out the trunk.

All in all great potential, do see a great future, it just needs to have a story and have more rooms and stuff :)
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
rujasu
Developer

Re: Some queries

Post by rujasu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:37 pm

shirish wrote:Hi all,
Some queries :-

a. I found the 'f' to confirm a bit uncomfortable/insane but can live with it, hopefully somewhere in the future this could be user-definable.
It is user-definable, it's in the options menu.
b. I know this is a demo, but what are drunes? Are they like money/currency or something else ?
Yes, money. If you play the most recent "Stable" demo, version 1.0.2 I think, there is a shop in that version.
c. I see people having bubbles on their head but cannot find a way to initiate the conversation/instruction whatever.
Walk up to them and press 'f' or what ever you have redefined the "confirm" key as.
d. There does not seem to be a way to get more detailed stats. We have four heroes and in the inventory when I go to the Status column, I just see Lukas's experience level and other stats. I want/ed to figure out other people's stats as well but cannot get it work (or maybe its there its just not discoverable) . I tried using the TAB key as well as the ' f ' key but nothing works/ed .
Go to the status column, press 'f', and press up and down to switch characters.
e. The taking screenshot does not work, I use my CTRL keys quite a lot in day to day as well as the ' s ' key so it should not be an issue at my end.
It's broken; may remain broken for a while unless someone volunteers to fix it.
f. Its possible I may check out the svn repo. I am confused a bit though as to where a user should be looking to track changes and download new svn versions . The trunk or the branch ? I ask as this snapshot is supposed to be from a branch . I don't know much but trunk is supposed to be unstable/broken most of the time while branches are supposed to be more stabler apparently. Of course, sometimes people make branches to try out some stuff and at some point merge the changes with the trunk as well, so everybody has their own way/take.

What would you suggest, and if branch then address of the branch. The trunk apparently lies at :-

Code: Select all

svn co https://allacrost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/allacrost/trunk allacrost-svntrunk

Just added what I would put in case I do check out the trunk.
The most recent release is development/unstable so it's straight from trunk. The branches are all older releases.
shirish

Re: Some queries

Post by shirish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:31 pm

Thank you for that quick reply. I just checked out the svn repo. One thing which I dunno if I reported or not. Sometimes even if the animal is dead (the enemy) our heroes somehow are pre-ordained to strike him/her.

For e.g. let's say there's a fight between the heroes and say a spider and the green slime.

let's say I concentrate on killing the spider first. One of the heroes killed the spider but the next guy/hero still wants to kill the spider even though he's dead (marked by the enemy (spider in this e.g.) becoming grey/black) . Trying to make him choose the green slime does not happen.

Another thing which I saw/experienced couple of times now, that even after killing all the enemies, sometimes (rare though) it does not end and you do not get the stats and victory thing but have to go on killing and are stuck in a kind of loop. In one game it stayed in there for 5 minutes even after I had killed them 5 minutes ago, had to kill the game through command-line.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,