have some sort of feedback to user when s/he is doing a save

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

shirish

have some sort of feedback to user when s/he is doing a save

Postby shirish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi all,
It would be nice/good if there was a way to tell the user when s/he saves a game. Otherwise (like me) tries to click enter again and again for the savegame with no idea if the game has been saved or not.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
Roots
Dictator

Re: have some sort of feedback to user when s/he is doing a

Postby Roots » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeah of course. I'm not even sure if save game works right now to be honest. It worked with the last demo and hasn't been changed or anything, but I haven't tested it with the latest release. Really there's a ton of things I'd like to improve with the save system, but there are so many other things that need to be done and we don't have the manpower to be addressing all these issues at once. :eyespin: In the release notes posted on the main site I believe I mentioned you shouldn't even try or save (or need to) because you're just going to be going around the cave map forever and the battles are already ridiculously easy without needing to level up at all.
shirish

Postby shirish » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 pm

uh..uh, didn't know that. I have to confess I am an RPG addict. Well FWIW the savegame works.

Code: Select all

/home/shirish/.allacrost/saved_game_1.lua
/home/shirish/.allacrost/saved_game_2.lua
/home/shirish/.allacrost/saved_game_3.lua
/home/shirish/.allacrost/saved_game_4.lua

I do have few queries, I am going to post them in the same corner, please put them where you think its suitable, if its something that has not been implemented then please tell the same.
Intel i5-7400, Asus Z270-P, 8 GB DDR4 2400 RAM, D-Link 502-T router, 64-bit Debian Buster, MATE 1.18 ,
rujasu
Developer

Postby rujasu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Roots wrote:Yeah of course. I'm not even sure if save game works right now to be honest. It worked with the last demo and hasn't been changed or anything, but I haven't tested it with the latest release. Really there's a ton of things I'd like to improve with the save system, but there are so many other things that need to be done and we don't have the manpower to be addressing all these issues at once. :eyespin: In the release notes posted on the main site I believe I mentioned you shouldn't even try or save (or need to) because you're just going to be going around the cave map forever and the battles are already ridiculously easy without needing to level up at all.

Roots, saving is 100% functional at this point. There's no reason to dissuade users from saving, since people might want to save their level increases or avoid sitting through the opening scene more than once. There is some additional functionality that should be added, but I'm not sure how much. We do need to make the menu a bit more user-friendly at some point, maybe I will work on that soon. I'd like to specifically not use those "save points" that crop up in every freakin' RPG game (or at least did back in the day), though.
shirish

Postby shirish » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:20 am

I would be happy with a simple line somewhere your game is saved.
Roots
Dictator

Postby Roots » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:23 am

Keep in mind this release is a development release. Its still a work in progress. Naturally, this means that it is missing many things, including save confirmation. Don't worry, it'll be in there eventually.

Return to “User Feedback”