Just congratulations

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

el motinak

Just congratulations

Post by el motinak » Fri May 09, 2008 12:57 pm

Hello.
I just wanna encourage you to keep doing this job; a very good job, indeed. I know it's very difficult to make a RPG, and that almost no one exists on Linux, specially with such a graphic quality as HoA.
I'd really like to contribute, but my knowledges on programation are pretty scarce, more even than my english comprehension. I can write some basic programs on C++, and about the english, I'm able to understand the arguments and dialogs of books, movies and RPGs, and... that's it. Nevertheless, I think I could contribute with the spanish translation (not me alone, of course): in my native language I'm pretty skilful...
If there is something I can help with, I would do it with pleasure. By now, I only say congrats and go ahead!

Greetings from Santiago, Chile.
ElonNarai
Developer

Re: Just congratulations

Post by ElonNarai » Fri May 09, 2008 8:05 pm

Thanks,

There is battle of Wesnoth, which is a decent RPG.

As for translation, sadly we can't yet fully support that. But if you remember us in a half year time, please check again and maybe we can use your services. Translation is a hard job :devil:
Documenter and coder
Roots
Dictator

Post by Roots » Fri May 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. It helps me/us to know that there are people out there really waiting for the result of all our hard work here. :)

ElonNarai wrote: There is battle of Wesnoth, which is a decent RPG.
Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game, not an RPG. I've never heard it described as an RPG at least, and I personally don't consider it to be one. :shrug:
ElonNarai
Developer

Post by ElonNarai » Fri May 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Roots wrote:Wesnoth is a turn-based strategy game, not an RPG. I've never heard it described as an RPG at least, and I personally don't consider it to be one. :shrug:
It has RPG elements, therefor it is turn-based tactical RPG. :rolleyes:
Documenter and coder