Battle mode characters

Let our staff know what you think about the game and suggest improvements

Moderator: Staff

Battle mode characters

Postby rief » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:08 pm

Hi all players and develops,
firt of all my compliments about the game. It is...WOW :approve: .

I have a question about battle mode of allacrost: in each 2d squaresoft rpgs rappresentations of characters in battle mode is equal to rappresentations of them out of battle. Why in allacrost no? This can resolv many problems for artist and game...battle char rappresentatons can be used out of battle (and vice versa) and that can increase action in non battle mode.

sry for my bad english :(

Postby ChopperDave » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:33 pm

The point you mention has in fact been discussed by the team members. We want to try to keep separate art assets for the battle and map modes because in battle mode we can support more detailed sprites. Depending on how much art we can get done, we may switch to the FF version of sprite reuse. But no decisions have been made in that regard.

Postby KingHanco » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:17 am

Changes or whatever. Even it will take about 2 to 5 years to finishes it. I will still play it.

Postby Jetryl » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:49 am

What ChopperDave said.

It was part of the original design to have separate art assets for both - the deciding factor on whether we stick with that plan is whether the public rises up and contributes sufficient art to make that workable, sometime within (roughly) the next year or less. If they don't, we'll -have- to switch to consolidating the art, or this game will take us a decade to finish. (Honestly, having that as a separate category is like making not only all the art needed for chrono trigger, but for street fighter as well. With a team only a fraction of the size that either of theirs was, and which can't work full time. Ouch.)

Return to “User Feedback”